SASS Wire Forum

OT Do you have just a minute?

I will try to make it short.

Last week end I got invited to go on a deer hunt with an outfit called---OUTDOORS WITHOUT LIMITS--Their sub-title is-"A life changing experience." Believe me, it was.

As you might have guessed this hunt was organized for handicap people. When Todd,who is confined to a wheelchair because of a 4 wheeler accident when he was 16, invited me to go I said to Todd that I wasn't handicapped. Todd's own words, "Yes you are, Charlie, you just haven't admitted yet." I went.

Let me tell ya'll there were somewhere in the neighborhood of about 60 hunters as many guides and I am not at all sure how many land owners but I met some of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet anywhere on this earth. Most all were wheelchair confined and some had other disabilities but their spirit is what brought tears to my eyes. After coming home from this trip I will never again feel sorry for my condition. Promise.

I know that none of the folks responsible for putting on that event will ever see this but I want to commend any and all who have anything to do with this organization. I want to thank all the land owners who voluntarily donated these hunts on their land so that a handicapped person could hunt for a week-end. I want to say a special "thank you" to the people who volunteered as guides to be with each hunter and to help with all their needs. It really takes a special person to do this sort of thing. God bless all of you and thank God for the organization. OUTDOORS WITHOUT LIMITS--help them if the opportunity arises you will be a better person for it. I know.

If you want to feel good about YOUR condition, take a walk through your local nursing home!

Archived