SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Pietta 1851 "Navy" .44 Cylinder

McCandless

First off, yep, I know there was never an 1851 Colt's Navy in .44 ... but that's what Pietta calls 'em

So, that's what I'm lookin' for. I'm looking for a used (read less expensive) cylinder for a Pietta .44 1851. I don't care what the finish looks like, as long as it's still usable.

Iff'n you have one you're willing to part with, let me know by PM (Don't e-mail! sometimes the SASS Wire mechanism don't work, even when it says it went.)

Thanks!

Duc McC

Did you find any cylinders? I got a couple that I bought used off of gunbroker a while back. They both looked decent but I couldn't get the nipples out of one of them to clean it up. The other one cleaned up pretty good.

After all that, I never used them. I decided that I preferred loading the old fashioned way to pulling the barrels to switch cylinders on the Colt clones.

Let me know if you are interested in them. I'll send them too you. If you want them, the price will be cheap. If not, you can just send them back, or make pencil holders out of them.

Boondock

Did you find any cylinders? I got a couple that I bought used off of gunbroker a while back. They both looked decent but I couldn't get the nipples out of one of them to clean it up. The other one cleaned up pretty good.

After all that, I never used them. I decided that I preferred loading the old fashioned way to pulling the barrels to switch cylinders on the Colt clones.

Let me know if you are interested in them. I'll send them too you. If you want them, the price will be cheap. If not, you can just send them back, or make pencil holders out of them.

Boondock

Boondock,

I'll take you up on your offer.

I'll PM my particulars to you, and we'll work something out.

Thanks!

Doc McC

PM said it went, if it doesn't arrive, get back to me.

Thanks!

mcC

Archived