SASS Wire Forum

Please remember our troops who are away from their families

Always. We (Police Officers of my District that I retired)have been in partnership with a bar/restaurant for the last 20 years. They are on their second owners and they kept the tradition going. They provide lunch for the Navy personnel from NTC Great Lakes, helped by donations and the Coppers come by and offer usage of their cell phones to let the kids call home. Every Christmas and Thanksgiving for the last 20 years... We have to bring our chargers and extra batteries. Some of these kids are having a rough time as they have never been away from home. More than I feel comfortable telling stepped outside for a good cry after the calls.

Being away from home during the holidays is a bummer. The thing that helped me somewhat was that my family and friends were safe and would stay so as long as I tried to do my part. Didn't cheer me up much but it helped put things in perspective.

Hang in there brothers. We all will keep you in our thoughts. You deserve the undying gratitude of a sometimes ungrateful nation.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO OUR TROOPS -_-

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I include are troops every day in my daily pryers.

And every night at bed time .

Hope to see you at Rockford in January GG.

Merry Christmas and GOD BLESS

Archived