SASS Wire Forum

Could use some prayers

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm praying for you, your wife, and the doctors intrusted with her care.

Sometimes God gives us "wake up calls" to make us love our loved ones even more.

Find comfort in knowing the situation is in His hands.

Fortys.. all I can say is there is nothing like family.. Nothing! Family is the life blood of every day, while I can be your friend and be there for you.. still I can not be family.. We all love ya a lot.. and we all know what you must feel ike, and we all want to help.. but the with all the well wishes the only thing that can fix the pain is family.... You and her.. hugs to you and to all the you and hers this Holiday season.. you are all blessed! Very cool...

UPDATE 12-23-2011

Looks like a good Christmas after all. They shocked her at 7:30 this morning, took her off IVs by 10:00, gave her her shots and oral meds and sent her home at 3:00 this afternoon.

She's tired, hurts all over from needles no end, and is a nothing-that-even-remotely-tastes-good diet. She goes for blood work ups tomorrow, Tuesday, and Friday with an in-depth evaluation.

Odds ae 50/50 that this will take permanently.

Thanks to God, all my friends, and to those of you I barely know, and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.

FAN-DAMN_TASTIC!!!!!!

Thanks be to God - Благодарение Богу

Praise be to God - Слава Богу

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy Rod, my prayers up for your misses, I pray the big guy watch over her and guide her doctors to treat her to their ability.AMEN

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

God is seldom early

but he is never late!

HUGS

You folks will never know how much I appreciate the prayers and thoughts. So does Shawna.

I'll get caught up on my email and replies to messages over the next few days.

Forget all that carp, Forty. Concentrate on your bride.

And DO NOT have her cook Christmas Dinner!

Big dinner is today so the rest of the family can be here. I had to tie my wife up and put her in the closet to keep her out of the kitchen. My daughter, son-in-law, his daughter, and I did most of the cooking but Shawna managed to do the mashed spud and the sweet potatoes.

But don't cook her any carp. It's nasty. ;)

4Trod cookin??? what that means is a double portion of bacon for everyone....

keep your lovely bride in a chair and spoil her.....

give her a big hug for me and gramaphyllis

curley

What he said. We're all just glad she is home. May God's blessings continue to be on you both, and tell her to do what the doctors say.

Big dinner is today so the rest of the family can be here. I had to tie my wife up and put her in the closet to keep her out of the kitchen. My daughter, son-in-law, his daughter, and I did most of the cooking but Shawna managed to do the mashed spud and the sweet potatoes.

(sigh) Women! They CAN be stubborn and unreasonable, can't they? Lord love 'em. They gotta be to put up with men, I guess.

My daughter, son-in-law, his daughter, and I did most of the cooking but Shawna managed to do the mashed spud and the sweet potatoes.

Real good news 4T! Glad to hear that she's home and doing some better.

At least with the women doing most of the cooking, you were sure to get something edible! :lol:

Everything considered, we had a good Christmas.

My wife was released from the hospital on Friday.

Daughter, new son-in-law, and new granddaughter-in-law came early on Christmas eve and put together a great dinner for us.

A neighbor from across the street, an older gent with no family to speak of joined us after dinner for desert. he'd been invited to join us for the meal but opted for a reunion of other Boys' Town grads in Riverside.

Tons of friends, many I have never met, gave us a lot of support in he form of prayers and good wishes during my wife's illness.

My son and grandson called from Las Vegas.

Shawna's sisters in Okinawa and Utah and her brother in Arizona called.

My sister called from Utah.

Yep, everything considered, we had a good Christmas.

Thanks to everyone and a happy 2012 for you all.

Everything considered, we had a good Christmas.

My wife was released from the hospital on Friday.

Daughter, new son-in-law, and new granddaughter-in-law came early on Christmas eve and put together a great dinner for us.

A neighbor from across the street, an older gent with no family to speak of joined us after dinner for desert. he'd been invited to join us for the meal but opted for a reunion of other Boys' Town grads in Riverside.

Tons of friends, many I have never met, gave us a lot of support in he form of prayers and good wishes during my wife's illness.

My son and grandson called from Las Vegas.

Shawna's sisters in Okinawa and Utah and her brother in Arizona called.

My sister called from Utah.

Yep, everything considered, we had a good Christmas.

Thanks to everyone and a happy 2012 for you all.

Wonderful to hear that Mr. Forty Rod...wishing you and Ms. Shawna a fantastic New year to come...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy ROD christmas was alittle blue for me but hearing Shawna is home and helping with the cooking it brought a tear to my eye and made my dayu. You folks Have a very Happy New Year

Your Pard ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's ben over a month and she's getting along fairly well. Checkup with the cardiologist yesterday found the fibrilation is back, but not as bad as it was, and her BP is low.. He took her off the liquid restrictions, adjusted her meds (they are still drawing blood twice a week and adjusting them as they go), and set another appointment for next week.

She's back at work, but not as many hours as she was, diet is a bitch (but we're coping), and she's determined to whip this thing. Doc say a pace-maker may be in her future, but it isn't time yet.

Thanks again to everyone.

Archived