SASS Wire Forum

Could use some prayers

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wife's in the hospital.

Congestive heart failure...no previous warning, just swelling, difficulty breathing, and chest pressure. Went to Urgent care and they plopped her right into ER and stared all kinds of tests and such.

BP is down and back up, from way too low to way too high. Arythmia is still not under control. Lots of water being drained through her system.

Her mom died from CHF at 93 and her brother has had it for a couple of years at age 70.

She's hoping to be home for Christmas but the doc says don't count on it yet.

Scared the crap out of me. Still does.

Thanks for the prayers and wishes.

OM gosh.. Fortys you are my friend.... and I love you guys... I will keep you both in my prayers... Please let me know what is going on and if I can help.. hugs Deja..

Hang in there Pard, many times when an arrhythmia like A-Fib or such is corrected, the CHF corrects itself. The irregular rhythm makes the heart pump in an inefficient way and fluid backs up. Praying that the Physicians will find the right medicine and you'll have your bride back home!

BSD

Wife's in the hospital.

Congestive heart failure...no previous warning, just swelling, difficulty breathing, and chest pressure. Went to Urgent care and they plopped her right into ER and stared all kinds of tests and such.

BP is down and back up, from way too low to way too high. Arythmia is still not under control. Lots of water being drained through her system.

Her mom died from CHF at 93 and her brother has had it for a couple of years at age 70.

So I guess we can't say you're full of it anymore. ;) (sorry, sorry, trying for a bit of levity)

Thanks for the update. It is scary as hell when something gets dropped out of the blue like that. Especially when they start the controlled frenzy when they see a potential "OCRAP!" situation.

Prayers will continue.

So I guess we can't say you're full of it anymore. ;) (sorry, sorry, trying for a bit of levity)

Thanks for the update. It is scary as hell when something gets dropped out of the blue like that. Especially when they start the controlled frenzy when they see a potential "OCRAP!" situation.

Prayers will continue.

I didn't say it scared ALL the crap out of me. I got lots more. :D

Possibility she'll be coming home today....I hope.

Might be the best news I've had today.......'n' I've had some really good news today.

Keep us posted.

Didn't say you were on empty, 4D, just that you aren't FULL of it now! :lol:

And that is GREAT news! Even that the docs are thinking about is is a darned good sign.

Wife's in the hospital.

Glad to hear things r going better for you and her....

Let me know if'n ya need anything, I'm just down the road ya know.

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Tom, Shawna [and you!] are still at the top of my prayer list - and Sassparilla Kid and Ms Brimstone send their best.

Give 'er a hug for us, if you will...!

Thats great news! Prayers still coming

My BIL, 73, has had it for a number of years. He's doing fine with the new meds they have now.

Still got my digits crossed.

May the Lord bless and keep you both, and fill your hearts and minds with peace.

Forty, add my prayers for your lovely wife and you. CHF is a scary thing, one of my cousins dropped dead of it at the tender age of 46.

Slackwater

4T, I been busy over the past few days and just been checkin' in here and there. I must admit I missed this post, but I would like to offer my prayers and well wishes for your Misses, you and all your family.

Y'all take care and let us know if anything changes, or if you need anything.

~EE Taft~

Updates at first post.

Thanks for caring.

If they elect to cardiovert(shock) her, they will offer sedation. Make sure she elects to receive it! Have they started Coumadin therapy yet?

BSD

4T, that's very good news! Hope it pans out and she makes it home today - it can only help her heal quicker.

Forty, add my prayers for your lovely wife and you. CHF is a scary thing, one of my cousins dropped dead of it at the tender age of 46.

Slackwater

Dude! we coulda gone all year without hearin that one

Updates at first post.

Thanks for caring.

Forties, how are you two today? I hope everything is well, and I will pray again tonight.. hugs.. Deja

Took her off IV and put her on orals including Coumaden and Lasix (SP on both ?) and an antibiotic for an infection or allergic reaction on her left arm (She will fight to the death to keep needles out of her hands. So will I.) to one IV. No food from now until tomorrow a.m. and if things still look good they won't opt for the shock. On the other hand.....! And she's already told them she wants sedated.

Going to bed. More tomorrow. Thanks again.

Took her off IV and put her on orals including Coumaden and Lasix (SP on both ?) and an antibiotic for an infection or allergic reaction on her left arm (She will fight to the death to keep needles out of her hands. So will I.) to one IV. No food from now until tomorrow a.m. and if things still look good they won't opt for the shock. On the other hand.....! And she's already told them she wants sedated.

Things are sounding better. You'll still remain in our prayers for a while. Holler if you need anything.

Fortys... let JJJ's and I know if we can help.. we are in Riverside.. but hey like he said it is around the corner. I am praying for her and for you.... My stepmom had a quardruple bypass a while back at 80 and she is 82 now and doing very well. She was so healthy so it was a shock... Darn I feel so bad for you two.. you need to be there for each other and for all of us.. Hugs Deja...

Things are sounding better. You'll still remain in our prayers for a while. Holler if you need anything.

Clams you are a sweetie... hugs Deja.

4T, we are still thinkin' about you two here in Mo.

Prayers up for you both!

You take care of your darlin' and keep your spirits up.

Merry Christmas to you both, and hope that this post finds

you both home and comfortable for Christmas.

~EE & Mama Taft~

Archived