SASS Wire Forum

Gonna be a white Christmas!

Grizzly Dave

Forecast is calling for another 4-8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.

We still have snow on the ground from weeks ago, and some from a few days ago on top of that. Yup, gonna be a white Christmas here.

I'm thinking I might just have to trade a vacation day I have scheduled next week for tomorrow....

well over here, All is calm, all is bright…Christmas day will be sunny an 73 degrees.

Gotta start decoratin' the palm trees an call the pool guy.

HAHAHAHAHA

Bobb, you sure know how to turn the knife blade in the wound, don't ya!

Pool guy? Grizz could use a pool and go ice skating. :lol:

Went ice skating on a frozen river and ponds once, with home made hockey sticks.

Hit some ripples in the ice where it froze while the wind was blowing, end of the hockey stick went down my throat. coughing up blood was no fun.

Better than the time I fell thru the ice of a frozen lake, wet up to my waist, jeans froze by the time I walked home. Brrrrrr that was cold.

We've got a little skiff of snow on the ground now with some predicted for tonight. Not much to write home about, though. Went out this morning and it was spitting snow a bit, but nothing like at Grizz's place. It's supposed to get down to around 6 degrees tonight. Time to hug the fire.

Last year at this time we had 8 inches of snow on the ground. This year...nothing. :D Don't remember the last time we didn't have a white Christmas. Forecasters said....not this year, which is ok by me.

Last year we got snowed in. I was shoveling like mad with my little RED SNOW SHOVEL, and it just kept coming down.

White Christmas is not really as great as they make it out to be. Exciting for the young,

but a PITA to older folks.

Yup, I'm thinkin if there's enough snow to run the snowblower in the morning I'm just gonna stay home and snowblow. Not like there's anything at all going on in the office this week. Heck, today I'm the only one here and the phone ain't rang once.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Looks like there will be no snow in southwest Michigan this year. Headed for MD the day after. The grandkids from California keep saying "I'm going to Nana's and play in the snow". Sure hope we have some out there.

Frazee

Storm is supposed to come in tonight and dump 6-8 inches around here. Of course it's coming at the same time I will be leaving to drive to Okie land. I can see that cloud now, hanging right over my truck all the way east.

Timing is everything.

GW

....................it snowed here once.........back in '73, I think..............

I remember it well. :lol: I think it was 74.

Storm is supposed to come in tonight and dump 6-8 inches around here. Of course it's coming at the same time I will be leaving to drive to Okie land. I can see that cloud now, hanging right over my truck all the way east.

Timing is everything.

GW

Safe travels GW

Well you can send that beautiful white stuff this way grizz I'm gettin down right disgruntled looking at this grass!

I love Minnesota for a reason. Its not Christmas to me without snow!!!

Evil (grumpy) Dogooder

Yup, snowing about an inch an hour here. Had to go to a hearing at the city building for a variance I applied for, was in there maybe an hour, came out and about an inch and a half of new snow on the car.

On the bright side, my variance was granted, and my boss called and said to take a snow day tomorrow.

Well you can send that beautiful white stuff this way grizz I'm gettin down right disgruntled looking at this grass!

I love Minnesota for a reason. Its not Christmas to me without snow!!!

Evil (grumpy) Dogooder

Now Evil.......I live in MN fer a reason too.........I hope you'll git to met here soon ! :wub: :wub:

I know what a brown Christmas is. Dat is whar I was raised, alot of sand.

Dis snow we got today aint no brown Christmas !! Da weathermans got it all wrong ! ;)

Now Evil.......I live in MN fer a reason too.........I hope you'll git to met here soon ! :wub: :wub:

I know what a brown Christmas is. Dat is whar I was raised, alot of sand.

Dis snow we got today aint no brown Christmas !! Da weathermans got it all wrong ! ;)

We only received flurries :( but I was doing flips in the back yard! Side note my neighborhood thinks I'm crazy

Mr hawk are you going to the shoot on the 31st? I should be there. If not I plan on making next months gathering if your still planning one

Evil Dogooder

We only received flurries :( but I was doing flips in the back yard! Side note my neighborhood thinks I'm crazy

Mr hawk are you going to the shoot on the 31st? I should be there. If not I plan on making next months gathering if your still planning one

Evil Dogooder

Match on da 31st ? At Morristown ?

Huummmmm..............dat requires thought.............somethin' I aint used too !! :blink:

As it stands right now, I plan on it. All I have to do is get a frim count on how many will come, set a reservation and set the date.

How's dat ? ! :lol: :lol:

Updated forecast says 6-12 inches of snow, seeing as how we already have maybe 5 inches, I reckon I'd best get off to the bunk house so I can get up and run the snow blower.

I'll try and remember to snap some pics for those of you less fortunate souls who won't have a white Christmas... :D

Grizz

Please can we not talk about cold, snowblowers, long johns. and talk about fireplaces, scotch, and a bear rug? lol.. I mean really guys where did the cowboy kinda romance go???????????? lol.. Just teasing ya...

Match on da 31st ? At Morristown ?

Huummmmm..............dat requires thought.............somethin' I aint used too !! :blink:

As it stands right now, I plan on it. All I have to do is get a frim count on how many will come, set a reservation and set the date.

How's dat ? ! :lol: :lol:

Don't know if morristown has one but granite city gunslingers have one in kimbal. Prize for the best long underware too.

Well set a date and ill try to make sure I get it off

Looking out tge window..... still no snow :(

Yup, snowing about an inch an hour here. Had to go to a hearing at the city building for a variance I applied for, was in there maybe an hour, came out and about an inch and a half of new snow on the car.

On the bright side, my variance was granted, and my boss called and said to take a snow day tomorrow.

I envy ya . . . I LOVE a heavy snow fall, . . when it gets deeper just as you watch ! . . . :) Haven't got to enjoy one of those in a long, long time.

Dave:

Know what you mean, spent 4 hours on the tractor yesterday plowing out Founders Ranch and the Clays Range.

It stated snowing about 3 hrs ago today and we have already gotten another 5" on top of the 2' we already have. Weather Man say it's going to snow until mid day tomorrow.

Merry Christmas

Bighorn

I'm dreaming of a white christmas...... let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.... doing my snow dance now!!! Bmc how does it go again ..... grizz if ya lived closer id come blow the snow for you to keep you from slipping again

Woooooooooo Wooooooooo Woooooooo

Dancing in a counter clockwise circle while chanting the above, and brandishing a RED snow

shovel in the right hand, held high in the air.

souns purdy much like yer pee pee dance...except fer the shovel. :rolleyes:

Archived