SASS Wire Forum

Curious about those political correct people

Wonder how long before this one follows.

Merry Merry and Happy Happy

yup...another thread that's been taken out of context by misunderstandings and interpretations.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Well I am offended at ALL of you!!!

Happy Festivus!!!

Has anone seen my Festivus pole?

Oops. I forgot I borrowed it. I'll have to take the TV antenna off it now.

This thread may get pulled before anyone gets the opportunity to read what I am about to write, but what the heck.

As everyone who cares probably knows, I am not a Christian. Having said that, I have never understood the furor over the simple well-wishing of "Merry Christmas." Divinity aside, the teachings of Jesus are admirable and worthy of contemplation and application. Live in peace, have good will toward your fellow man, and so much more that both inform and inspire.

We recognize the birthdays of Washington and Lincoln, both of whom were Christian men who sought guidance and gave credit to God and Jesus. We recognize Dr. Martin Luther King, a Christian minister, who taught civil rights were God given and used the word of Christ in attempting to further the drive for those rights. To assert, in light of those, that we still should limit ourselves to such sayings as "Happy Holidays" and eschew "Merry Christmas," seems curiously odd.

I am not a Christian, but I am sitting a few feet away from a Christmas tree, and I will be giving gifts in celebration of the holiday. What's more, I am wholly appreciative of a heartfelt "Merry Christmas." Perhaps others find that curiously odd. I don't, nor do I have any cognitive dissonance in doing so. I can admire the message of the man, regardless of my religious inclinations.

For those who give a heartfelt "Happy Holidays," that is fine, but don't feel the need to force it on my account.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

This thread may get pulled before anyone gets the opportunity to read what I am about to write, but what the heck.

As everyone who cares probably knows, I am not a Christian. Having said that, I have never understood the furor over the simple well-wishing of "Merry Christmas." Divinity aside, the teachings of Jesus are admirable and worthy of contemplation and application. Live in peace, have good will toward your fellow man, and so much more that both inform and inspire.

We recognize the birthdays of Washington and Lincoln, both of whom were Christian men who sought guidance and gave credit to God and Jesus. We recognize Dr. Martin Luther King, a Christian minister, who taught civil rights were God given and used the word of Christ in attempting to further the drive for those rights. To assert, in light of those, that we still should limit ourselves to such sayings as "Happy Holidays" and eschew "Merry Christmas," seems curiously odd.

I am not a Christian, but I am sitting a few feet away from a Christmas tree, and I will be giving gifts in celebration of the holiday. What's more, I am wholly appreciative of a heartfelt "Merry Christmas." Perhaps others find that curiously odd. I don't, nor do I have any cognitive dissonance in doing so. I can admire the message of the man, regardless of my religious inclinations.

For those who give a heartfelt "Happy Holidays," that is fine, but don't feel the need to force it on my account.

:wub: AMEN!

Excellent ~ MERRY CHRISTMAS to ya...

Well I am offended at ALL of you!!!

Happy Festivus!!!

Has anone seen my Festivus pole?

May your Festivus be merry and bright ;)

Been thinking lately, about those people, businesses, politicians that use the greeting Happy Holidays, instead of Merry Christmas. What Holiday are they celebrating or giving greetings to? If they don't believe in Christmas, why do they take vacations, buy gifts, shut down, etc.? For hundreds of years we celebrated and passed along cheers and greetings, and now its wrong.

If stores that sell Christmas trees, ornaments, gifts and toys, won't acknowledge Christmas, but rather a Holiday (again, what are they celebrating), why do we support them with our cash?

Again, what Holiday is it that they are stocking their shelves, having Black Friday sales for?

Merry Christmas is what me and BlueJeans will be celebrating this month, for those Happy Holiday people,I hope they find something to be Happy about, and thankfull for. MT

Merry Christmas to all

I had this same topic going a week ago .

It turned to a disagreement and discussion about Religion and then got pulled buy the mediator .

For me always has been and always will be MERRY CHRISTMAS .

I hope your post goes on .

God Bless all and Merry Christmas to all

Oops. I forgot I borrowed it. I'll have to take the TV antenna off it now.

Oh great. Now it has all of those midget wrestling and monster truck electrons embedded into it. Please, keep the pole -- I'll get another. :wacko:

Oh great. Now it has all of those midget wrestling and monster truck electrons embedded into it. Please, keep the pole -- I'll get another. :wacko:

And Real Housewives. :lol:

Really surprised, that its not the greeting of Happy Holiday, its the denial, the banning of the Greeting, Merry Christmas, by groups, and orginizations that I was eluding to. Some got it, some defended, some cared.

Christmas, Merry Christmas greetings have been around a long time. Happy Holiday, was a song, as the greeting "Have a White Christmas", etc. Are the greetings we had as a tradition,Merry Christmas, to remind us what this time of year is for, or do we greet with the title from a song,which has nothing in the song to remind us of the occassion we celebrate the time.

I have nothing against the greeting Happy Holiday, but when its told its the only greeting you may use, and Merry Christmas is banned.

To me, its Merry Christmas, it was a time and place for many to remember, WW1, when a light in the sky brought soldiers across the lines dropping their weapons for a brief moment in time. It was when my sister, myself along with my parents crossed the Atlantic to a new land during the time, and crewmen dressed as Santa Clause handed us each a Hershey chocolate bar and said Merry Christmas, the ship was the USS Hershey. The captain conducted a midnight mass, and crewman recreated the nativity. We all, I'm sure have a memory of Christmas, and not a Holiday. Maybe I'm old fashion or the place I was born, were a vacation is called a "Holiday". As I said earlier, some see, some care, some accept.

Merry Christmas, MT and BlueJeans

Never, ever, underestimate the Wire's ability to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :D

Salud, dinero y amor, compadres!

eGG

Never, ever, underestimate the Wire's ability to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :D

Salud, dinero y amor, compadres!

eGG

:lol: ....Si

Oh, I think the only problem is the complaining about it. Some folks just gotta complain about what they think is going wrong with their world. Others just say "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas" or "Festivus for the Rest of Us" and smile!

I'm happy the days are starting to get longer!

Wishing the politically correct a "So-So Festivus".

And an Unwadded Pantie New Year!

:P

Geez, from the posts on this and the other thread, I thought the folks who took issue with "Happy Holidays" and "Season's Greetings" were the ones with their panties in a wad.

Archived