SASS Wire Forum

Assailant Suffers Injuries From a Fall

Caliope Cupcake #13981

I copied this from a newspaper article:

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best buy in Augusta, GA, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer in his jacket. When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife, and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys For Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped Jackson, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

“The subject [Jackson] was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and broken jaw…---injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine,” according to the police report.

Mercy :blink:

I copied this from a newspaper article:

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best buy in Augusta, GA, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer in his jacket. When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife, and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys For Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped Jackson, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

“The subject [Jackson] was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and broken jaw…---injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine,” according to the police report.

Mercy :blink:

Yes, one must be very careful steppin' off a curb.. :FlagAm:

According to Snopes, this story is a mixture of fact and fiction. Curiously, the real story on which it is apparently based is, in some ways, more intriguing....the assailant had 30 prior criminal convictions; this assault got him a life sentence. Sorry - but the "Marine Justice" apparently was wishful thinking.

I know; I know; I spoiled a "great story"...I enjoy good stories, too...but it's important to know whether what you are reading is fact or fiction.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/stabbedmarine.asp

Either way, some great volunteers did a good deed and got this character off the street.

LL

Dang, I was just sure it was one of those three story places with a parking lot on top and the "Assailant" just went sailin' over the curb don't cha know. Hate it when the facts interfere with a good story...

Olen

According to Snopes, this story is a mixture of fact and fiction. ...

There you go!

Ruining a perfectly good story with facts! :)

I know; I know; I spoiled a "great story"...I enjoy good stories, too...but it's important to know whether what you are reading is fact or fiction.

LL

a friend sent me the picture of the newspaper page and I typed a copy--it didn't show the writer's name

now that you mention it---so do all the names posting on this thread...not sure if they are real or not :blink::lol:

Y'all dunt have to be so positive--it's only C'mas!! :blink: thes here is the saloon and we can spin any tale we want to.

Cheer up!! Santa comes in 4 days---and he knows who is naughty or nice!

Drinks are on Oakie :lol: gimme 4 fingers of Bulliet

Archived