SASS Wire Forum

A horse and pony and what?

Deja Vous

Growing up my father put me on a horse and from there I learned to ride on my own. Yeah, I had to stand in the hay manager or on a tree.. or hop a bunch to get my foot in the stirrup.. lol.. But I did learn.

He never once considered a pony for his little kid.. lol.. So, I think I have a case for abuse? lol.. He had the nerve to expect me to grow up too soon.. and actually made me ride a horse, shoot a gun, and darn it stand on my own two feet.. I am pretty sure I could take him to court.. except at 92 he is still armed.. lol

Just a spoof on our legal system and those who abuse it.. sorry.. lol

Growing up my father put me on a horse and from there I learned to ride on my own. Yeah, I had to stand in the hay manager or on a tree.. or hop a bunch to get my foot in the stirrup.. lol.. But I did learn.

He never once considered a pony for his little kid.. lol.. So, I think I have a case for abuse? lol.. He had the nerve to expect me to grow up too soon.. and actually made me ride a horse, shoot a gun, and darn it stand on my own two feet.. I am pretty sure I could take him to court.. except at 92 he is still armed.. lol

Just a spoof on our legal system and those who abuse it.. sorry.. lol

For Deja . . .

SC

Actually, I'd much rather put my kids on a horse (and I have) rather than a pony.

If a horse bucks you off, you have a lot longer time in the air to pick you landing spot.

Honestly all on the ponies that I've had to deal will have mostly been contankerous and down right nasty. Maybe you dad had the same experience.

Coffee

Thanks... shadows.. I do like the old songs and that is one of my favorties.. a movie hit.. lol

I just realized I was paying in to Social Security when I was 12.

I worked for cash only back then.. lol

Actually, I'd much rather put my kids on a horse (and I have) rather than a pony.

If a horse bucks you off, you have a lot longer time in the air to pick you landing spot.

Honestly all on the ponies that I've had to deal will have mostly been contankerous and down right nasty. Maybe you dad had the same experience.

Coffee

Nope... I was the youngest and my father raised horses and cattle. I don't think he ever thought I would start riding and love it so much. Kids will figure out a way to get on a horse. He was the best dad, my mare was so calm nothing much would spook her. He bought her out of Texas and she had a heart brand with a tail on it. Nice horse, and very well mannered for the most part. My grandmother however put me on her paints and they were younger and a bit rougher. Lucky that I bounce pretty well.. lol But I do agree, I was not crazy about the shetland my friend had, or the welsh pony my grandfather bought. My mare was a quarter horse and a nice quiet horse. I am of course teasing about my dad, he was the best dad in the whole wide world..and still is at age 92. My father never rode a pony, he rode paints growing up.. but he fell in love with quarter horses.

My mother wouldn't let me get a Daisy bb gun when I was about 9 or 10, so it's her fault that I'm such a gun nut! Even though she's not here anymore (rest in peace Mom) can I sue and get money from the guv't???:P

Maybe my dad abused me... I had a small horse.. 1/2 pony 1/2 appy... and no saddle.. He said if I learned to ride without it I would be a better rider and when I could put the saddle on by myself I could use his. Maybe he had a good insurance policy on me or thought I would outgrow horses.. Ha!! I worked for room and board and Mortimers hay.

I worked for room and board.

Gosh we all might have a dumb court case now days.. lol.

My mother wouldn't let me get a Daisy bb gun when I was about 9 or 10, so it's her fault that I'm such a gun nut! Even though she's not here anymore (rest in peace Mom) can I sue and get money from the guv't???:P

lol... I heard a conversation from some kids about how bad their parents are and how they have nothing .. course they had time to do NOTHING.. lol.. So, I had to start the thread...

Maybe my dad abused me... I had a small horse.. 1/2 pony 1/2 appy... and no saddle.. He said if I learned to ride without it I would be a better rider and when I could put the saddle on by myself I could use his. Maybe he had a good insurance policy on me or thought I would outgrow horses.. Ha!! I worked for room and board and Mortimers hay.

Yep... you pretty much had to pay for your own stuff back then.. no cell phone darn it I was abused.. lol...

Archived