SASS Wire Forum

kirst konvertors for 1858 remington copies

SOLD

:FlagAm: Hey the camp,

These are for Pietta copies. Don't even need to do any special loading with these. They work well with the 200 grain commercial .45 cowboy loads. Went to .44colt cylinders and gated rings. Will sell both .45 cylinders with the non gated rings for $500.00, shipped. These are are not the fake conversions, these require a loading slot be cut in the pistol frame. Thanks.

Buggy O'

SASS #48243

Will sell both .45 cylinders with the non gated rings for $500.00, These are are not the fake conversions, these require a loading slot be cut in the pistol frame.

Don't understand this ........."Do these have the loading gate or do you need to remove the cylinder to reload them?

Thanks

offer deleted . . .

you do not show a Single Action Shooting Society membership number. You alias doesn't show you to be a member in the "alias look up".

Note: . .

Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member, in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted.

offer deleted . . .

you do not show a Single Action Shooting Society membership number. You alias doesn't show you to be a member in the "alias look up".

Note: . .

Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member, in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted.

:FlagAm: Hey Wolfgang,

Pard, I pay my dues. I haven't caused any trouble on THIS thread, so I think I am in good standing? They send me a Chronicle. I did put my alias in the add as well as my SASS #48243? What should be done so that I can be recognized on what I thought was my thread as well. Must I pay more? My full alias is BUGGY O'BenSHOOTER, someone told me some time back that my alias didn't show because it has an appostrophy after the O'??? Any way my name is Gary Benschoter and I have been a card carrying member since about 2000, comrade. Oh, when I logged in it took my login??? Tell me? :unsure::blink::blush::huh: Thanks. :rolleyes:

Gary Benschoter

BUGGY O'BenSHOOTER

SASS #48243

Don't understand this ........."Do these have the loading gate or do you need to remove the cylinder to reload them?

Thanks

Hey Roy,

These are early Konvertors they have no gate, they have a hole to load and unload the cartridge. like the newer ones that have a gate you must still modify the frame of the gun by cutting a channel so that a cartridge will pass into the cylinder. Because of the timing of the gun you don't need to worry about bullets falling out of the hole in the Konvertor ring. Hopes this gets to you, someone wants to delete me!! Thanks.

BUGGY O'

Hey Roy,

These are early Konvertors they have no gate, they have a hole to load and unload the cartridge. like the newer ones that have a gate you must still modify the frame of the gun by cutting a channel so that a cartridge will pass into the cylinder. Because of the timing of the gun you don't need to worry about bullets falling out of the hole in the Konvertor ring. Hopes this gets to you, someone wants to delete me!! Thanks.

BUGGY O'

Buggy,

Good of you to be patient and post your info. Most times your SASS number shows up the the profile area. I'm assuming this is what caused the misunderstanding.

Good luck with your sale!

CR

Ben; Does Kirst still make the .44 Colt conversion cylinders?

JW

:FlagAm: Hey John W.,

I bought the .44Colt cylinders seperately, one from Jim at River Junction who was using it for a pencil holder on his desk because he couldn't get another one. The other I bought off this classifieds, years ago. Check with

VTI they will know. I think there is a Kirst website as well. And Kirst himself was or is a SASS member and had or has an alias. Tell me if you can, can the five shot .45Colt conversions be used in a SASS match? Thanks. :)

BUGGY O'

:FlagAm: Hey John W.,

I bought the .44Colt cylinders seperately, one from Jim at River Junction who was using it for a pencil holder on his desk because he couldn't get another one. The other I bought off this classifieds, years ago. Check with

VTI they will know. I think there is a Kirst website as well. And Kirst himself was or is a SASS member and had or has an alias. Tell me if you can, can the five shot .45Colt conversions be used in a SASS match? Thanks. :)

BUGGY O'

If you are talking about the later 5 hole plus a smaller sixth "dummy" spot cylinders; I have been using them for years. The original cylinder with 5 evenly spaced holes makes some people nervous. You can set down the hammer between cartridges. Not easy for loading officers to see "clear". Should be no problem using the newer 5+ dummy cylinders. You may have to show the person at the loading table what they are looking at. Once they see the way the dummy is located they should have no trouble seeing "clear". Use your search engine to look up Kirst. Website is active.

If you are talking about the later 5 hole plus a smaller sixth "dummy" spot cylinders; I have been using them for years. The original cylinder with 5 evenly spaced holes makes some people nervous. You can set down the hammer between cartridges. Not easy for loading officers to see "clear". Should be no problem using the newer 5+ dummy cylinders. You may have to show the person at the loading table what they are looking at. Once they see the way the dummy is located they should have no trouble seeing "clear". Use your search engine to look up Kirst. Website is active.

:FlagAm: Hey Marty,

No dummies here. Five chambers evenly spaced. Shoots the .45Colt cowboy loads without having to load special for the guns, using .44cal. hollow base or heeled bullets like in the days of old. Still available, very accurate. Now $425 shipped, with 100 dirty empty brass cases as well. Thanks. :rolleyes:

BUGGY O'

Gbenschoter@sbcglobal.net

:FlagAm: Hey Marty,

No dummies here. Five chambers evenly spaced. Shoots the .45Colt cowboy loads without having to load special for the guns, using .44cal. hollow base or heeled bullets like in the days of old. Still available, very accurate. Now $425 shipped, with 100 dirty empty brass cases as well. Thanks. :rolleyes:

BUGGY O'

Buggy,

I have one of those original evenly spaced 5 hole cylinders. We shoot a category at our club called "Grubline Rider". One pistol, a rifle and no shotgun. Pistol is reloaded on the clock for second pistol. I pull the cylinder out of my Remmie, transfer the back plate to that 5 hole cylinder and replace in gun. No need to worry about indexing. No dead cylinder. Only a very fast Scofield shooter can beat it. :ph34r:

I don't cut out my Remingtons since it is generally quicker to pull the cylinder and reload than it is to punch out each shell through a loading gate. I do remove the ball seating rod from my clones to keep it from hanging up in the cylinder during cylinder swaps.

Marty

Still got them for $425 the pair. Not going any lower. Also have one Kirst ejector I will sell for $100. Thanks.

Gary Benschoter

BUGGY O'BenSHOOTER

P.S. I have enough cowboy stuff to open a shop, guns, long and short, modern and antique, leather, hats, ect. E-mail me with wants and questions. :unsure:

GBenschoter@sbcglobal.net

Still got them for $425 the pair. Not going any lower. Also have one Kirst ejector I will sell for $100. Thanks.

Gary Benschoter

BUGGY O'BenSHOOTER

P.S. I have enough cowboy stuff to open a shop, guns, long and short, modern and antique, leather, hats, ect. E-mail me with wants and questions. :unsure:

GBenschoter@sbcglobal.net

Buggy . . . I'll take 'em. Just got yur e-mail a few minutes ago. Sorry about the confusiourn over yur membership / SASS numbur thinger.... :blink:

P.Message me, or E-mail me, . . . re sending the $s... Do ya take PayPal ? ...

Good shootin' . . . . :)

Hey Wolfgang,

E-mail me your address. Did you buy the Konvertors alone or with the one ejector? These cylinders will work with CVA pistols and ASM as well. Thanks.

Gary Benschoter

Will E-mail the address. No I didn't want the ejector. Sent $ 425 via a P. Office Money Order. My pistols are a pair of "antiqued" Piettas.

Can be seen down the page on the left side here.

I like shootin' Cap & Ball and have lots of extra cylinders,.... but it will be nice to have Period Coooo-rect conversions for them also :)

Archived