SASS Wire Forum

if you drink beer, it MUST be Budweiser!

Rancho Roy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+100,000,000,000

....and I haven't had a six pack of AB or Miller products since....and that was 20 years ago. Shiner is about as "low" as I'll go. With all of the good German, other European, and domestic microbrews out there today, why would I stoop? :rolleyes:

It ain't about quantity....it's about quality....'least with me.

Glad they're supporting the shooting sports, but I cannot support their cheap imitation(s) of beer. Sorry.

Chick(aself-proclaimedbeersnob)ahominy

Hello,

I don't care what others drink nor what you call what I drink. I do not drink Bud or Lite beers or Sierra Nevada or Guiness. I just don't like the flavors.

I prefer mild darks like Newcastle, Negra Modelo, Amber Bock, Nut Brown Ale (just discovered), Trader Jose's dark Mexican...

Just saying... ;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

Local brewery here in town called Founders. They do a Scotch Ale and also a Oatmeal Stout that is just killer. But if we are in camp at a shoot and got the bong out then it's coors light,natural light,bud light,corona,miller light, or what ever we can steal from someones cooler.

Now I know why I ran outa beer so soon at Gunsmoke!!

LSL

Local brewery here in town called Founders. They do a Scotch Ale and also a Oatmeal Stout that is just killer. But if we are in camp at a shoot and got the bong out then it's coors light,natural light,bud light,corona,miller light, or what ever we can steal from someones cooler.

Still, I know someone who wouldn't touch that bong unless it had a better....shall I say...'concentrate' of hops & barley :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Driftwood,

Your point is noted, but your problem is with the poster, not the jist of the post. It was a little over the top, I just gave him some slack 'cause he pointed out a good thing.

CR

CR,

I think the OP was more than just a little over the top. Seems to me the original intent - suggest we support an outfit that supports the shooting sports is just fine. We as individuals can then choose to do so or not as the spirit moves us. I think the OP threw his point away though with the crack about other kinds of beer. While I'm not sure I care much what he thinks about what I choose to drink, the crack about sissy beers was designed, if not intended, to start an argument that would overshadow what he was originally trying to do. He made matters worse by responding to Driftwood's post in the way he did. If you're trying to convince someone to do something, insulting them is usually not a good way to start.

Oooo! I just may stop by the Founders Brewery on my way home from work tonight to try their Backwoods Bastard (casue they don't have that wicked brew you posted)! Your always welcome to join :D

http://www.foundersbrewing.com/whats-on-tap

Founders Pale Ale BEST BEER EVER !

Well, SOMEONE must be drinking AB beers! :rolleyes:

Well, someone must be, but it MUST not be me. Bud has always had a metallic aftertaste to me. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for everyday drinking, but I seek out microbrews to try, the one mentioned in Prescott, Az was a pleasant visit.

Kinda like Mary Ann or Ginger with more choices? Pretty sure they didn't build Vegas with the money people won, and everybody I know that goes there won? Bud is one of the largest beer producers in the world, didn't happen because they make bad beer. That said, I'd rather have about anything else when it comes to beer, but I'll drink it.

The OP only meant to point out their support of the shooting sports, and we need all the friends we can get. It's fine to have preferences, but trashing our supporters doesn't seem like a good way to garner their further interest.

CR

Uhh...Mary Ann of course. And Mrs Howell.....yes Mrs Howell.

What does "BUD" have in common with Sex ???

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

<

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Nothing !!!!

Just wanted ta see if Ya All is still awake .....

Jabez Cowboy

I think the OP threw his point away though with the crack about other kinds of beer. While I'm not sure I care much what he thinks about what I choose to drink, the crack about sissy beers was designed, if not intended, to start an argument that would overshadow what he was originally trying to do.

Apparently there were a few of you that thought that, which is too bad cause I don't see it at all. If you really think he was trying to start an argument, then I got a feeling I would rather have a beer with the OP than with any of you no matter what kind of beer it is! I have a hard time believing that anybody these days could listen to claims about American beer being better than any beer in Europe (except Italy!), and not know it was meant jokingly.

For anybody that thinks my intent was to start an argument, I would recommend that you seek out the advice of wise old Sgt Hulka and lighten up!

btw for Christmas I got some Grolsch, so Merry Christmas everybody!!

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

But if we are in camp at a shoot and got the bong out then it's coors light,natural light,bud light,corona,miller light, or what ever

If you have the bong out then it's gotta be peanut M&M's or Nutter Butter cookies... :huh:

What does "BUD" have in common with Sex ???

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

<

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Nothing !!!!

Just wanted ta see if Ya All is still awake .....

Jabez Cowboy

'Nothing'?? not so sure...

I would imagine that after a heavy drinking session of Bud or other that sex would come easier to some.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/12/13/unsafe-sex-more-likely-after-drinking-study-confirms/

Anyway - good morning!

Well, SOMEONE must be drinking AB beers! :rolleyes:

Here are three articles from the Economist regarding beer to complement Grizz's article: Belgian Beer, Britist Microbrews, and Mass Market Beers. For anyone bothered by this thread I recommend powering down your computer and grabbing a bag of salty snacks and your favorite brew to enjoy with a football game. There's lots of college bowl games to view and life will be better.

CR,

I think the OP was more than just a little over the top. Seems to me the original intent - suggest we support an outfit that supports the shooting sports is just fine. We as individuals can then choose to do so or not as the spirit moves us. I think the OP threw his point away though with the crack about other kinds of beer. While I'm not sure I care much what he thinks about what I choose to drink, the crack about sissy beers was designed, if not intended, to start an argument that would overshadow what he was originally trying to do. He made matters worse by responding to Driftwood's post in the way he did. If you're trying to convince someone to do something, insulting them is usually not a good way to start.

Then we shoot the messenger! :D

Just clarify I'm talking beer bong LOL gunner has a pic that he can post

Fair 'nuff...and that's a Torpedo or Dirty Bastard being 'administered'

(the match was over and all firearms were put away)

Unofficial 'clean match' award

Apparently there were a few of you that thought that, which is too bad cause I don't see it at all. If you really think he was trying to start an argument, then I got a feeling I would rather have a beer with the OP than with any of you no matter what kind of beer it is! I have a hard time believing that anybody these days could listen to claims about American beer being better than any beer in Europe (except Italy!), and not know it was meant jokingly.

For anybody that thinks my intent was to start an argument, I would recommend that you seek out the advice of wise old Sgt Hulka and lighten up!

btw for Christmas I got some Grolsch, so Merry Christmas everybody!!

Welll, ya see thats one of the problems with this electronic talkin. There's no way to see facial expressions, hear sarcasm or any of the other unspoken communication we take in all the time. All we can go with is the words themselves. Now, if I were sittin in a bar or standin at the bar and the OP said what he did, I could look for the signs that he was having us on and I'd likely kid him back by buyin him a Bud and makin him drink it. :D

'Nothing'?? not so sure...

I would imagine that after a heavy drinking session of Bud or other that sex would come easier to some.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/12/13/unsafe-sex-more-likely-after-drinking-study-confirms/

Anyway - good morning!

Wm. Shakespeare in "the Scottish play":

--- Porter --- '.... drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things.

--- MACDUFF --- What three things does drink especially provoke?

--- Porter --- Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance: therefore, much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him, and it mars him; it sets him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him, and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.

Wm. Shakespeare in "the Scottish play":

--- Porter --- '.... drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things.

--- MACDUFF --- What three things does drink especially provoke?

--- Porter --- Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance: therefore, much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery: it makes him, and it mars him; it sets him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him, and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.

A thing of beauty that Shakespeare is....:D

When I drank I drank mostly Bud. That was 26 years ago and toward the end of my drinking I would drink any beer as long as it was cheap. That said, my observations are from a long time ago and were observed by someone who was drunk most of the time so I may have missed a few things.

I would say if Driftwood Johnson hates Bud, I can respect that because the Bud in MA is brewed in Merrimack, NH and is one of the better ones. If he don't like that one he won't like any of them. The other good ones were Williamsburg,VA and Newark,NJ. The worst were from St Louis, LA and Jacksonville,FL. If you are from CA and hate Bud you may like it from one of the Eastern cities.

I was also in the Army in Germany and really loved those German beers. Late at night the only beer was in a soda machine in one of the barracks. As bad as Bud is compared to the local stuff, it always ran out first, then you were stuck with Colt45. Fine caliber, lousy beer. (People would ask how I could drink some of the stuff I drank. No one ever asked why I had to.)

Someone mentioned the Czech Budweiser. I had one. Very good. 13% alcohol.

Archived