SASS Wire Forum

NCAA Bowl Games

Today three games kick off the 2011/2012 Bowl Season.

Temple vs. Wyoming

Ohio vs. Utah State

San Diego State vs. Louisiana-Lafayette

No national implications here, but it beats most of the stuff they broadcast on television these days. Squeaky made his picks.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temple is stompin' da' Cowboys :blush:

I'm rootin' fer mah Pard Steve's Buffalos in da' Fargo Dome,

He says it's great weather for mid-December in Nort Dekoter :lol:

Mid 30's sunny an only a dustin' of snow,

Da' tailgate party's been on since early dis mornin :D

The LSU boosters are saving money like crazy so they can pay all that post New Year's Eve Party bail. But I expect they'll be there, though perhaps a bit hungover.

Roll Tide!

The game is on the 9th...being hung over for 8 days is even a bit extreme for Cajuns...but if they party right it could happen :)

I 'spect they'll all be there...crooks and straights ready for a good fight with those low-down Alabama scoundrels and that turncoat of a coach Nick Saban!

Let the trash talking continue.....and boy I'm hungry :)

Can't get too excited about the bowl games this year. One of the countries best teams has been left out. The Trojans (my alma mater) have now worked off the last year of their bowl ban...leftover from the Reggie Bush fiasco. :angry: If Barkley stays, next year will be a different story :excl:

Official now...Barkley is staying for his senior year! 2012 will be another banner year for the Trojans. I predict they will win the National Championship and Barkley will get the Heisman.

FIGHT ON!!

Can't get too excited about the bowl games this year. One of the countries best teams has been left out. The Trojans (my alma mater) have now worked off the last year of their bowl ban...leftover from the Reggie Bush fiasco. :angry: If Barkley stays, next year will be a different story :excl:

No offense but............................ they got what they deserved. Sadly, some don't. :rolleyes:

If you only care about one team I think you miss the point of non professional sports. :unsure:

Oops!

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA announced Tuesday that Ohio State's football program will be banned from postseason competition next season as punishment for a string of violations that occurred under former coach Jim Tressel, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

Oops!

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA announced Tuesday that Ohio State's football program will be banned from postseason competition next season as punishment for a string of violations that occurred under former coach Jim Tressel, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

A slap on the hand when you compare what the NCAA did to USC for a lot less serious problem Reggie Bush caused. :angry:

In both cases players received improper benefits, in Bush's case a very significant amount. In both cases the coaches should have known and done something. The only differences I see are that USC's case involves a lot more money, and bartering for future professional income, while in OSU's case there is no doubt the coach was aware of what was going on. OSU didn't win a NC with a pro on their team either.

From my saddle both programs have always been treated with kid gloves and both got less than what they deserved. If Alabama, or Tennessee, LSU or any other prominent SEC team had done things like that the penalty would have been much worse and would have arrived earlier too.

In OSU's case, the coach new about it, did not report it and then lied about it and it involved a lot of players.

USC is entirely different. Coach did not know, school did not know. Only came to light several years after Bush left. SC got 2 years bowl ban, loss of National Championship and scholorship losses for 3 years. OSU gets a one year bowl ban....gimme a break :excl::angry:

In OSU's case, the coach new about it, did not report it and then lied about it and it involved a lot of players.

USC is entirely different. Coach did not know, school did not know. Only came to light several years after Bush left. SC got 2 years bowl ban, loss of National Championship and scholorship losses for 3 years. OSU gets a one year bowl ban....gimme a break :excl::angry:

In OSU's case, the school had already docked itself five schollarships for the next couple of years, and the NCAA merely added the bowl ban and deducted another four scholarships for the next year, plus made official a three year probation period. A professed lack of knowledge on USC's part was exactly why the school was hit so hard. It is about proper oversight of the program. OSU maybe spared themselves a little extra punishment by reporting it themselves and voluntarily surrendering scholarships. That's all. :rolleyes:

The Independence Bowl is no surprise. I told Wildcat last night that Missouri has to be the best five-loss team in the nation. All of their losses were close except to Oklahoma State, and they are hammering NC right now, 41-17. BIG 12!!

My take is that some of the bowl games are well matched teams. Most are not. But the coffers are full and the fans are nuts, so who cares. There are some that I look forward to seeing. Is Alabama and LSU going to play again? Huh, who wooda thunk it. :blink:

Squeaky predicts that Florida State will drub Notre Dame, and Baylor will thrash Washington tonight.

ND has fallen on some hard times. Coaching has been a toss up but looks like maybe they have it turned

around and might start to move up. Next year will tell the tale.

ALWAYS NEXT YEAR. <_<

Oops!

I don't know why the ban did not include this year too! There certainly was stuff going on! The need to fire that idiot Smith as the AD and they can boot Mr. Bow Tie Too (Gee)---- this comming from a 3rd generation OSU grad!

First half is all Rutgers so far,

Iowa State can sure run though ;)

Looks like it is going to be a bad day for the state of Iowa, because OU is going to beat Iowa tonight like an ugly, rented Grand Canyon mule.

:( Iowa State got beat!

At least the neiborhood kid Jeff Woody scored a TD.

OK....now for the next game Go Iowa Hawkeyes!

CPK

:( Iowa State got beat!

At least the neiborhood kid Jeff Woody scored a TD.

OK....now for the next game Go Iowa Hawkeyes!

CPK

Let me pour you 5 fingers of Redbreast Irish -- this just ain't gonna be your night. BOOMER SOONER!

Archived