SASS Wire Forum

2 44 Bisley's have a new destination. Their gone.

Smithy

Well folks, I had an odd number of guns and I had the idea of selling the two Bisley's and buying another Super Redhawk. That way I'd have three guns to leave my three children. Doctors have given their guess and after 35+ years of diabetes and all the complications I now have, it feels like I'm coming to the end of my rope. I don't know how much time I've got left, but I realized that a change in plans now would not only be expensive, but time consuming as well. This way I have 4 guns, so what to do? One kid will get a scoped duded up Super Redhawk for hunting, One will get a scoped Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter for target shooting or hunting, and the last will get a duded up Super Redhawk Alaskan for a home/protection piece. All about the same value each with the majority of the work being done by Mag-Na-Port. The last gun, an Original Model 44 mag Bisley Vaquero is being slicked up and will go to a known engraver for some 1/2 coverage scroll work with my signature on the backstrap. This will be for my wife as I gave her for our 3rd anniversary, a Smith engraved (with her signature) S&W Lady Smith in 38. They can shoot them, put them in a sock drawer, or glassed frame for the wall. Whatever, but at least I'm leaving them something that kept me going all these years. I'm sorry for the way this ad turned out, but I had/have a lot on my mind currently and wanted to do the right thing for my family to remember me by.

Sincerely,

Kevin D. Williams aka Gunn Smithy #87902

Smithy,

I'm confused. Title says:

"2 44 magnum Ruger Bisley Vaqueros..."

So I thought ya had a pair of Ruger Bisley Vaquero's in 44 mag to sell.

But reading down I gather it's really 1- Ruger Vaquero 44 mag and 1- Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk Hunter plus a bunch of stuff.

Please clarify.

Yes Dan you have it right; I have two Ruger bisley's for sale, a standard (read Old Model) Bisley with 5 1/2" barrel, and a Bisley Super Blackhawk Hunter model 7 1/2" barrel plus a bunch of stuff to go with both Bisley's. I apologize if the title was confusing. I'll try to change it to be more clear. Smithy.

Smithy have the Belt Mountain base pins been installed? Or are the guns still in there original configuration? Has the Hunter been shot and has the scope been mounted?

Thanks,

Tully

The Leupold scope got pulled out of its box (still have the box though) and loosely (not permanently) put in the rings and on the gun. Mainly to see if my idea on the offset ring would work (it does. Perfect eye relief) and how the whole package looks.

Now, other than the above "look see", everything is untouched and in its factory packaging; Spring kits, 5 now as I counted them, Guns, Scope. I'm sorry but the holster items have lost their factory packaging (the only way I could get into them to see if they were going to work and they do.) And of course if you dusted for prints, you might find a few of mine on the guns themselves. You know how it is waiting the CA 10 day wait and then finally getting your shooter, but still they both are as yet fired, just as I bought them (Brand New). The reason for 5 spring kits is that I never could get a solid answer on the Bisley Hunter, so I have two sets of one kind of Wolfe spring kit, two sets of another model (RSA) kits, and finally the Marshall kit which I know for a fact works on new models since this was the kit I had on my 45's during SASS. Basically I was to scared to touch the guns in a modification mode and left them as they were from the factory. I hope that this helps. Smithy.

Yes Smithy that helps. I wasn’t trying to figure out if everything was brand new, just wondering if the Belt Mountain pins had been installed. I use Belt Mountain pins in all my Rugers, but they are the set screw type that does not require modification.

I’m just looking right now, but your package price seems like a good deal! It was the hunter that caught my eye, nice guns!

I love the Bisley’s I bought from you early in the year. Thanks Again.

Tully

Tully, I hope you saw on the Belt Mountain site (since both types are listed side by side) that the one's that I have use the Bowen lock (thus the need for an installation kit). Some have thought that the Bowen model just used a "monster" set screw that could potentially bend the base pin making it hard for the cylinder to spin. Not the case. Although this can happen with the set screw model (if you crank it in hard enough), it cannot with the Bowen. The installation kit looks like a thick scope ring. You split the ring and but it into the receiver and tighten. It is helpful if a mark was made through the hole in the base pin itself, just for general reference. But after the ring is mounted on the barrel it serves as a drilling guide. The included bit of correct diameter has a permanent stop affixed to the bit so there is really no way to mess this up. Ring on, bit chucked up in your drill, and drill till the drill stop bottoms out and you're left with a perfect clearance hole. The end of the "set" screw is turned smooth so it fits into the hole you've made but does not bottom out. It just prevents horizontal movement of the base pin. The way it's designed the base pin cannot move forward at all, even if the screw loosens up a bit. Really a nifty idea they had and no sideways pressure on the base pin itself. Smithy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks; The guns and goodies are no longer for sale. Chose to have the Original Bisley engraved with scrimshawed grips for a keeper and something to pass on the the wife. The other Bisley will get finished into a hunter for sure which will give me 3 additional guns to pass on to my kids. I'll save money. All the family gets a piece of my hobby. And I'm closer to finishing this idea rather than starting a new one. Once again, sorry if you were thinking about these items. Smithy.

Guest diablo slim shootist

Smithy you owe me 5min of my life back for sitting here reading all this post to find out at the end its not for sale..how about just deleting the post so no one else wastes their valuable vacation time <_<

Smithy you owe me 5min of my life back for sitting here reading all this post to find out at the end its not for sale..how about just deleting the post so no one else wastes their valuable vacation time

Sorry Diablo, but I'm sure you realize that "deletion" is not possible once the thread has been replied to. And didn't you read the very first (modified) post that indicated it was no longer for sale? Even if it had sold your time would have been "wasted" that much.

P.S. If your time is THAT valuable, then what on earth are you doing on the Wire? Smithy.

As the original poster you CAN edit the header to indicate either sold or no longer available or whatever.

That way folks will have a heads up not to open the thread.

Your title and sub-title remain the same. You should change it to No Longer Available, nothing to see here, move along...

Thanks Lone Dog!! I forgot about using the "advance edit" button to get at the title. If you haven't read it, here is what I changed my original ad to read.

Well folks, I had an odd number of guns and I had the idea of selling the two Bisley's and buying another Super Redhawk. That way I'd have three guns to leave my three children. Doctors have given their guess and after 35+ years of diabetes and all the complications I now have, it feels like I'm coming to the end of my rope. I don't know how much time I've got left, but I realized that a change in plans now would not only be expensive, but time consuming as well. This way I have 4 guns, so what to do? One kid will get a scoped duded up Super Redhawk for hunting, One will get a scoped Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter for target shooting or hunting, and the last will get a duded up Super Redhawk Alaskan for a home/protection piece. All about the same value each with the majority of the work being done by Mag-Na-Port. The last gun, an Original Model 44 mag Bisley Vaquero is being slicked up and will go to a known engraver for some 1/2 coverage scroll work with my signature on the backstrap. This will be for my wife as I gave her for our 3rd anniversary, a Smith engraved (with her signature) S&W Lady Smith in 38. They can shoot them, put them in a sock drawer, or glassed frame for the wall. Whatever, but at least I'm leaving them something that kept me going all these years. I'm sorry for the way this ad turned out, but I had/have a lot on my mind currently and wanted to do the right thing for my family to remember me by.

Sincerely,

Kevin D. Williams aka Gunn Smithy #87902

Archived