SASS Wire Forum

essentials in a gun cart

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

besides the obvious - guns :rolleyes:

Here is a check list I am making up...what's missin'?

COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING CART CHECKLIST

Qty

<SNIP>

1 Chapstick

1 Lighter

Thanks for your input pards ~

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I always carry in the cart that which I need to get through the morning or afternoon part of the match . . everything

else is in the car or truck, and I can walk back and get it if needed.

The cart has the guns, ammo, water and food, a few rags for cleaning hands, and more for guns, some oil or cleaner.

Maybe a rain slicker if needed, or a cover cloth if dusty, other wise I travel light . . .

Truck has spare guns and leather, ammo, cleaning kit, repair stuff, extra food, water and toiletries, other stuff as the memory functions . . .

SC

well, add to the list:::

- a couple of small coat hooks or cleats on the side of the cart for haning stuff (like canvass bags)

- the current copy of th erule book

- I also have spare nuts, bolts and cotter pins. Every year I hand out a few to pards that lost a wheel or a cart comes undone cause the cotter pin or wing nut fell off.

- time piece

- cell phone

- spare car keys (don't ask why)

Those condoms can help keep the rain out of yer long guns!!!

DD

Hmmmm...will skip on those. Not sure if wifey would quite understand with me leaving out of town with a box of condoms...:lol:

Your list might want to include some items that perhaps don't go in the gun cart but you don't want to leave home without. Things like your hat, sunglasses, extra pair of shoes (or boots) in case it is muddy there, medicine, ice chest,sleeve garters, etc. I pack the kitchen sink almost but then I do go and stay overnight at a friends so I need more clothes and such.

Your list might want to include some items that perhaps don't go in the gun cart but you don't want to leave home without. Things like your hat, sunglasses, extra pair of shoes (or boots) in case it is muddy there, medicine, ice chest,sleeve garters, etc. I pack the kitchen sink almost but then I do go and stay overnight at a friends so I need more clothes and such.

Yup - thanks pard! Some stuff will no doubt stay in the truck, some in the hotel room, etc....

Last year when I went to shoot in Indiana I was so unprepared for the rain it was pitiful, uncomfortable, and embarrassing. Thankfully the FUN trumped my issues, and the good pards loaned me a couple towels to keep guns and hands less wet!

In planning a cart it may be well to remember that it does NOT take sixty pound cart to carry around thirty five pounds of stuff. Light and airy structures built more like an old kitchen chair or baby buggy than a sofa will be appreciated when it's 95 degrees out and yer pushing it uphill.

trash bags

rain poncho 2 large 55 gallon trash bags. One to cover the cart, the other one you can cut holes in it for head and arms to use as a poncho.

hammer to tap on range rod to clear stuck bullets

Gunner - You don't need all that stuff.......just put a map to The Cowboys in Norco in your cart and we'll lend ya anything ya need! :D

Merry Christmas to you & yours, Pard!

:lol: ~ thanks pard - and knowin' what I do about The Cowboys I beleive that to be true...:)

Other than guns and ammo, I just carry a great big leather bag of stuff.

I have no idea what's in there anymore, I just know if I don't carry it,I'll need what ever is in there!!!!!!!

Dang Stuff!!!!!!

BH :blink::wacko:

Archived