SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse Please

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

My sister has been managing the gift shop at Foothill Pres. Hospital in Glendora CA for the last 10 years. It has been making really good money. She held an open house in November to kick off the holidays and she made $1000 more than she made last year. (she even opened the shop for the night shift so they could participate, and the staff loved the idea.) She has been a real hard worker.....

until yesterday. She and her boss were laid off with no apparent warning. I will get more details from her tomorrow, but what is the world getting to be? Like my dad said, when you have a pair of horses pulling a wagon, it just don't make sense to shoot the horse doing all the work...

And at Christmas. This seems to be a regular thing in the business world. My son got fired from a job about 10 years ago a week before Christmas...it turned out to be a blessing as his boss was a crook and he got a better job. But 2 years ago my brother in law got laid off 2 weeks before Christmas with no warning as they were "downsizing". Seems like they could have done the month before or the month after.

Anyways, I know this ain't cowboy, but my sis is good people and she could use some prayers right now.

thanks all and hope ya all have a great Christmas and New Year

curley

Prayers up for Texas for your sister.Prayers for help in her needs.

Talked to my sis today, she said they basicly let her and the head of the Aulillary go, and having a person from another hospital try to run both. The gift shop litterally paid for itself and my sis' pay, but they don't see that. Half the volunteers that worked with her quit that day...

She said she can do about 6 months with her severance and vaction and o/t....and said to tell all you pards thanks and keep her in your thoughts.

thanks again

curley

Curley, That shows it was a bean-counters decision. Those types have screwed a lot of U.S. workers, white collar and blue collar. :angry:

i'll get down off my soao box before I get started on where our manufacturing capacity went :angry::ph34r::blush:

Archived