SASS Wire Forum

Aerobatics

Subdeacon Joe

People sometimes think of cargo plane pilots as bus drivers compared to the oh-so-cool fighter pilots.

Eh, not so much.

Flying in and out of Baghdad,being in the cargo section you have no idea what the plane is doing, but it sure FEELS like this.

I've seen some C-130s, old C-141s, and now C-5s and C-17s do some pretty hard banks and other things going into Wright-Patterson AFB, but nothing like that! :blink:

The J Model is a significant upgrade over the prior E/H models, with a lot of internal, engine and prop changes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin_C-130J_Super_Hercules

Think a C-130 E/H on steriods

Falls real nice, donit?

The Herc is a great airplane. The '17 is even better.

'Course, I'm a might bit prejudiced.

He sure gave "Bitching Betty" a workout as well.... he was working inside a very small "box" for that demonstration as well (the airspace allocated for the performance by the air show organizers if you fly outside it I think they assess a fairly heavy fine... they started the practice after a USSR Concordski crashed at their show some years ago)

Interesting that he did most of that with the cargo door open. I wonder if the ramp give him more rear lift?

I like the part where he says ...."HOLD ON!"

Amazing they perform this airshow over such a populated area...................

Do a search for a C130 doing carrier landings, without a tail hook!!!!!!!!!!

Archived