SASS Wire Forum

Shipping ammo

el Gato Gordo - SASS #15162

I've been going through the USPS regs, and apparently shipping loaded ammo is a no-no. So I was trying to find something on the UPS website for guidance, and found nothing helpful.

Any info would be appreciated.

Muchas gracias,

eGG

UPS will ship smokeless ammo as long as the package is morked ORM-D. They need to know if it is ammo so that it dosen't get shipped by air, hence the marking. USPS won't ship ammo at all.

Here is a nice little piece from the cartridgecollectors.org:

shipping ammo

--Dawg

THANKS! That is what I am seeking!

Planning to ship 200 rds of (my) gamer .38's to my daughter for plinking purposes with her titanium S&W .38. Any normal factory round is not fun. I wish I had thought of this a couple of weeks ago ~ we were just visiting her in Las Vegas while attending the Convention.

Buena suerte,

eGG

If you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping have her to try some 148gr full wadcutter loads from Federal they are pussycat loads and some of the most accurate I've ever shot. Found out about these is my Bullseye days.

Randy

UPS ships live ammunition. The problem is that you have to drive to whatever the local "hub" office is. The satellite franchise stores are independent and mismanaged, and they make their own rules. I had one of them refuse to ship empty casings even though the UPS Hazmat hotline told them it was okay.

I was not a happy customer.

-Solo Sam

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Loaded ammo is shipped by UPS all the time.

The packages must be marked correctly.

MG

Archived