SASS Wire Forum

RUGER advertises for 'Vaquero' in CC

Widder, SASS #59054

Page 33 of the Dec CC.

Ruger is advertising for the 'Ruger Vaquero'.

Nop, they didn't say anything about the 'New Vaquero'.

Is the original style Vaquero coming back?

Or is this Ruger's way of moving the "NEW VAQUERO" into becoming just the 'Vaquero'?

..........Widder

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the New Vaquero. If everyone would just quit using that word model in the middle of the description there would be no confusion.

There are only Old Vaqueros and New Vaqueros. There are not now nor have there ever been nor can there possibly ever be any such thing as Old Model Vaqueros.

Too much to ask for around these parts tho.

Ruger is simple calling the New Vaquero....Vaquero. Which is not too smart for the 45 chambering. New Vaquero models are not able to handle the 'hot' loads that the 'original' Vaquero (Super Blackhawk frame) can.

Unless.....they tested them out....but.....I'll leave it at that.

http://www.ruger.com...uero/index.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It is the New Vaquero. If everyone would just quit using that word model in the middle of the description there would be no confusion.

There are only Old Vaqueros and New Vaqueros. There are not now nor have there ever been nor can there possibly ever be any such thing as Old Model Vaqueros.

Right - so stop whining about it :rolleyes:

Lone Dog,

'Vaquero' was the name Ruger used on their original Vaqs. I can't see where anyone used the term 'Old Vaq'.

'New Vaquero' was the name Ruger is using on their new style/new size Vaqueros.

The AD in the CC is calling them just 'Vaquero'.

I'm just asking about the AD and inquiring if this is Rugers way of getting away of the 'New Vaq' name OR, is Ruger making the 'Vaquero' again (original).

Like GCK stated, it looks like the 'new' one in the pix but its the first time I recall where Ruger didn't refer to them as 'New Vaquero'.

..........Widder

Ruger should have called the New Vaquero something else,I know they wanted to capitalize on their former revolver just look at how it has turned out as far as Old verses New. As unplanned as Hodgdons Clays line,Clays,International Clays and Universal Clays. How much damage has occurred because some one had a open bottle of Clays but ended up using the data for Universal Clays,it has to have happened. Adios Sgt. Jake

We will continue to call it what we want, thank you!

Will confuse a lot of people and make parts ordering a little more difficult, but Ruger dropped the "New" a while back.

http://www.ruger.com/products/vaquero/index.html

Get over yourownself :rolleyes:

I will call my .44 OLD MODEL VAQUEROS and folks know what I'm talking about, GOT IT <_<

The Ruger parts folks even call'em OLD MODEL so they can make sure you get the correct part ;)

Carry on,

LG

Ruger is simple calling the New Vaquero....Vaquero. Which is not too smart for the 45 chambering. New Vaquero models are not able to handle the 'hot' loads that the 'original' Vaquero (Super Blackhawk frame) can.

Unless.....they tested them out....but.....I'll leave it at that.

http://www.ruger.com...uero/index.html

+1

I think Ruger confused things a long time ago when they introduced the new model Blackhawk as the stronger one and then a long time later introduced the new model Vaquero as the weaker one. If you are shooting or reloading hot loads, better get it right or you could blow a top strap or worse.

I wonder why they are doing this.

Remember the Blackhawk.

Look at their webpage it is still referred to as the "New Model Blackhawk".

It is the New Bearcat, New Model Single Six and the New Model Super Blackhawk.

I doubt that they ever sold the original Blackhawk model as the 3 screw model.

As far as calling older model vaquero's old model vaqueros we could call them Original Model Vaqueros.

Now if Ruger is going to lose the model modifier "New" we must have a way of telling which model we are talking about.

Yes the New Vaquero is now just the Vaquero. This does not preclude Ruger at some point re-introducing the original or old or big Vaquero in the future. I would not hold my breath for that happening. I just do not foresee it happening. The old 44 mag and 44-40 RVs just were not big sellers. That is all that matters now to the bean-counters who run Ruger now. The weasels discontinued the Old Model Army, something Big Bill swore would never happen. They dropped Sturm from the name and removed the "S" from the phoenix. Whilst ole Bill approaches Mach 9 RPM in his grave.

I know it wrankles so many of the pards here to be told that the term Old Model Vaquero is not only incorrect but impossible. But that is what it is whether you like it or don't like it. That is why you will get roasted if you use the term on the Ruger forum. Yes all are free to call what they want whatever they like. I don't care. I always wear my flame-proofs and will continue to fight that cause. Lost cause tho it may be around here.

So yes Widder the New Vaquero is now just the Vaquero. The bean-counters are not likely to bring back the big Vaq (what we all used to call the RV before that OMV business spread like wildfire).

Maybe never will we ever see any new made "Old Model [argggh!] Vaqueros". Yeah I know when I am pretty much whupped down to a nub on this fight...

But they should. Surely the molds are still intact (maybe). Barrels are the same I think. I bet they could make a run every other year or so and sell 'em all out at a premium. I know they could sell a bunch of dual cylinder 44mag/44-40 "special editions" to the pards in CAS, especially if they got the throats right next time....

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

The Vaquero they mention is the "small" (current) Vaquero. It is NOT the full sized one of previous years.

:o:oSo NO FULL HOUSE .45 Colt Loads, please. :o:o

Mustang Gregg

Dedicated Ruger Guy

Yes the New Vaquero is now just the Vaquero. This does not preclude Ruger at some point re-introducing the original or old or big Vaquero in the future. I would not hold my breath for that happening. I just do not foresee it happening. The old 44 mag and 44-40 RVs just were not big sellers. That is all that matters now to the bean-counters who run Ruger now. The weasels discontinued the Old Model Army, something Big Bill swore would never happen. They dropped Sturm from the name and removed the "S" from the phoenix. Whilst ole Bill approaches Mach 9 RPM in his grave.

I know it wrankles so many of the pards here to be told that the term Old Model Vaquero is not only incorrect but impossible. But that is what it is whether you like it or don't like it. That is why you will get roasted if you use the term on the Ruger forum. Yes all are free to call what they want whatever they like. I don't care. I always wear my flame-proofs and will continue to fight that cause. Lost cause tho it may be around here.

So yes Widder the New Vaquero is now just the Vaquero. The bean-counters are not likely to bring back the big Vaq (what we all used to call the RV before that OMV business spread like wildfire).

Maybe never will we ever see any new made "Old Model [argggh!] Vaqueros". Yeah I know when I am pretty much whupped down to a nub on this fight...

But they should. Surely the molds are still intact (maybe). Barrels are the same I think. I bet they could make a run every other year or so and sell 'em all out at a premium. I know they could sell a bunch of dual cylinder 44mag/44-40 "special editions" to the pards in CAS, especially if they got the throats right next time....

There are a lot of idiots on the Ruger forum. Folks will call the models what they want and after 20 years or so it will be well established. Correcting folks like you do, seems like a grade school teacher whacking us with a ruler. Next you will be complaining about the words we use and spelling. Old model Vaquero is not wrong, impossible or incorrect. We use it because it is quite clear plus it drives folks like you up the wall. :)

There are a lot of idiots on the Ruger forum. Folks will call the models what they want and after 20 years or so it will be well established. Correcting folks like you do, seems like a grade school teacher whacking us with a ruler. Next you will be complaining about the words we use and spelling. Old model Vaquero is not wrong, impossible or incorrect. We use it because it is quite clear plus it drives folks like you up the wall. :)

:lol: yup...reminds me of the 'penguin' in Blue Brothers

G (who got whacked by a ruler a few times by Mrs. DeHart in 1st grade) G ~ :FlagAm:

I think I will continue to call my OMV's Old Model Vaqueros because rather than cause confusion, it eliminates the possibility of someone misunderstanding what you have; at least within our sport; unless

that person has issues.

Horace

Didn't they make a handful for one of the distributors a couple years ago? They were sold under the moniker of "Final Frontier" or some such nonsense?

And so far as the molds, isn't an "old" Vaquero just a Super Blackhawk frame with additional machining? That has been my impression.

Sure wish they at Ruger had had the foresight to name the New Vaquero

Vaquero II

What if they come out with another "new" Vaquero?

What will they call it?

Brand New Vaquero?

New New Vaquero?

Double New Vaquero?

If they had used Vaquero II then the next version could have just been Vaquero III.

No confusion necessary.

I still love my 2 OMV's eventhough there is no such thing as an old model Vaquero.:blush:

What was the original question?:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Sure wish they at Ruger had had the foresight to name the New Vaquero

Vaquero II

What if they come out with another "new" Vaquero?

What will they call it?

Brand New Vaquero?

New New Vaquero?

Double New Vaquero?

If they had used Vaquero II then the next version could have just been Vaquero III.

No confusion necessary.

I still love my 2 OMV's eventhough there is no such thing as an old model Vaquero.:blush:

What was the original question?:lol:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Yup - kinda like Mk I, Mk II, Mk III....

Easy Peezy :)

My reference:

Blackhawk 3 screws...................................1st Gen Blackhawk

Old Model Blackhawk..................................2nd Gen Blackhawk

New Model Blackhawk..................................3rd Gen Blackhawk

Old Model Vaquero....................................1st Gen Vaquero

New Model Vaquero....................................2nd Gen Vaquero

Folks not familiar with Ruger history use their own "names" for the revolvers. And it really gets bad when you try to explain that the 2nd Gen Blackhawk and/or the 1st Gen Vaquero are the ones for "Rugers only" hot loads.

My reference:

Blackhawk 3 screws...................................1st Gen Blackhawk

Old Model Blackhawk..................................2nd Gen Blackhawk

New Model Blackhawk..................................3rd Gen Blackhawk

Old Model Vaquero....................................1st Gen Vaquero

New Model Vaquero....................................2nd Gen Vaquero

Folks not familiar with Ruger history use their own "names" for the revolvers. And it really gets bad when you try to explain that the 2nd Gen Blackhawk and/or the 1st Gen Vaquero are the ones for "Rugers only" hot loads.

Hmmmmm....I like that!

but dern it poototie I like "original' Vaquero too.....:D

But, yeah.....me likes the 'gen' approach.

Me would like to see'm come out in .44 extra-long Russian, aka .44Mag :P

LG

....and maybe .44-40???

So my dad is the "Old Model Stewart" and my son Canyon is the "New Model Stewart"? Where does that leave me? I'm confused.

Stewart II

Fillmore

Archived