SASS Wire Forum

Name the Movie

Ruff Cobb

"God don't care who you were son, only who you are."

Cowboys & Aliens

"....it is a bitter thing, indeed, to learn that an officer who has had nine years experience in the cavalry - the officer to whom I am surrendering command of this troop in two more days - should have so little grasp of leadership as to allow himself to be chivvied into a go at fisticuffs while 'Taps' still sounds over a brave man's grave! God help this troop when I'm gone."

--from my favorite movie of all time.... :)

Chick

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboys & Aliens

"....it is a bitter thing, indeed, to learn that an officer who has had nine years experience in the cavalry - the officer to whom I am surrendering command of this troop in two more days - should have so little grasp of leadership as to allow himself to be chivvied into a go at fisticuffs while 'Taps' still sounds over a brave man's grave! God help this troop when I'm gone."

--from my favorite movie of all time.... :)

Chick

She wore a Yellow Ribbon, I think

She wore a Yellow Ribbon, I think

Yep. I always thought this little quote was *the* way to chew a subordinates behind in a military setting, when necessary. He doesn't cuss him, doesn't lower his stature, doesn't say something that would lead the subordinate to believe that he's lost all faith in his abilities. At the same time, he sure does make Lt Cohill know that he's not please with him. :) I've always thought this movie particularly showed how a leader should/could act. And that's why it is my favorite movie of all time.

Now you gotta post a quote, Shoer!

Chick

Yep. I always thought this little quote was *the* way to chew a subordinates behind in a military setting, when necessary. He doesn't cuss him, doesn't lower his stature, doesn't say something that would lead the subordinate to believe that he's lost all faith in his abilities. At the same time, he sure does make Lt Cohill know that he's not please with him. :) I've always thought this movie particularly showed how a leader should/could act. And that's why it is my favorite movie of all time.

Now you gotta post a quote, Shoer!

Chick

never rode shotgun on a Hearst before

Magnificent Seven ! great movie,......great line

try this one........"No self-respectin' cowhand'd be caught dead milkin' a cow!"

Magnificent Seven ! great movie,......great line

try this one........"No self-respectin' cowhand'd be caught dead milkin' a cow!"

Will Penny

can't think of any right now

wasnt Will Penny a good western ?

if you cant think of one, you can borrow this one,

“Never liked seeing strangers. Maybe it's because no stranger ever good newsed me.”

I might have recognized you if I hadn't been trying to figure out what was on that other fellow's head

Arthur Hunnicut as 'Bull' speakin' to The Duke as 'Cole Thornton' about James Caan as 'Mississippi's hat in"El Dorado.

The classic line from "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", from a Bandito leader posing unconvincingly as a Federale

just tryin to adhere to the Spirit of the Thread

Not to hijack, but today is the birthday of Alfonse Bedoya who said, "Badges, we don't need no stinking badges."

how about

"You ba****d" "In my case, an accident of birth, but you sir are a self-made man."

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Billy Jack

You can't buy a woman for money

Walter Brennan in "Red River" , when the two Diego vaqueros were riding up.

Not a one liner , but an exchange between two characters:

"You wanted me , Pa"

"Before you was born I did"

Cheers , Rex :D

The Big Country

Chuck Connors and Burl Ives

Try this one

Why'd they hang him so high?

"I thought you got lost again."

"Haven't you ever been lost?"

"Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!"

SCG

The Mountain Men.....

How about.... Hint (Pardon the profanity)

"Pain or Damage don't end the world. Or despair or #%*&^@% beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man....and give some back."

Edit: Oops....failure to follow instructions.....not a movie but close.

How's about you and me taking off all our clothes and go swimmin'?

Quigley Down Under.

How about this?

Buzzards got to eat, same as worms.

The Mountain Men.....

How about.... Hint (Pardon the profanity)

"Pain or Damage don't end the world. Or despair or #%*&^@% beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man....and give some back."

Edit: Oops....failure to follow instructions.....not a movie but close.

Deadwood

Al Swearengen to Merrick

Al Swearengen to A. W. Merrick in "Deadwood".

"Nobody throws me my guns and says "run"....nobody."

"Nobody throws me my guns and says "run"....nobody."

Magnificent Seven

try this,..........

“You call the tune, You pay the Piper..........meaning, you don’t like the treatment,

Don’t rob the banks!

Gus to Pea Eye, in Lonesome Dove my personal favorite

how about,........“Be out of town,........or I’ll come a’killin”.

Archived