SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap 93/97

Red Cent

Yeah, I could get ahold of Cap but its more fun asking here. First FYI. I bought a 93/97 from Cap back when he brought it to the convention in '07. I shot it a few timess then started encountering problems. The receiver hole is too big for the mag tube. I met Cap somewhere at some shoot (Mulecamp I believe)and he told me to send it to him and he would fix it.

Well, I forgot about it.

Now question. What is the thread size on the 93/97?

The hole mesures 1.350. The tube measures 1.150. Could a helicoil fix this or do I need to drill and rethread?

Plese don't fix my watch :).

I also recommend sending it back to Cap. He is truly a man of his word.

I am not positive but my understanding is the 93/97 is NOT SASS Approved.

Something about the ejection port being over sized .

I am not positive but my understanding is the 93/97 is NOT SASS Approved.

Something about the ejection port being over sized .

Clubs can decide whether they will allow them or not at their monthlies.

And SASS's decision was purly political.

:FlagAm:

I also recommend sending it back to Cap. He is truly a man of his word.

Yeah, until a bunch of us sent our deposit on the WCSE87 that the price was raised on. Even after telling us that he wouldn't increase the price on us, it was either pay the increase or get our deposit back, made clear that was the only two choices. Just the facts man just the facts.

Yeah, until a bunch of us sent our deposit on the WCSE87 that the price was raised on. Even after telling us that he wouldn't increase the price on us, it was either pay the increase or get our deposit back, made clear that was the only two choices. Just the facts man just the facts.

Sounds reasonable to me considering that there we biz facts that needed to be addressed...but you're bitter cuz ya didn't like the choices.

:wacko:

What does this have to do with the 93/97 question?

Awwww man, I'm a little embarrassed to send it to him after all this time. Yeah, I know he will fix it, but dag nab it, I feel bad about the wear. I'll probably do it.

Hey, the shotgun is a tank. I was there in '07 when we thought it had been approved. I bought one anyway. A club or two will let me shoot it.

Don't start on the SASS folks, please.

Thanks folks.

Red, I have had 3 of the "97's" that the mag tube pulled out of the receiver. All 3 were 04xxxx sn #s. Tried buying new mag tubes for them but they also pulled out within a few stages. The first one I junked and saved for parts, the second I tack welded the tube on it and sold it and I still have the 3rd one that I use on occasion but the tube is solidly bolted thru the receiver, doesn't matter since I never use the magazine anyway........Thought about trying to silver solder the last one but haven't got to it yet.....

Mink...........

Even after telling us that he wouldn't increase the price on us, Just the facts man just the facts.

Cap is a man of his word. Just the facts, man, just the facts!!

Something doesn't match here. I always believed that a word and a handshake was a contract. Not nowadays it seems. :angry:

So a guy get shafted trying to do some business and can't keep from raising the price, even if at one time he was sure he wouldn't have to. So he offers you your money back, and THAT's a bad deal???? You'd rather see him belly up so you aren't inconvenienced? The world ain't fair, but there's fair folks in it. Cap is one, how about you?

CR

Rick, There are just some folks in this world who are never happy! I stand my ground -- Coyote Cap is a man of his word and I'll also add a very excellent gunsmith and our dear friend! :wub: He may not be "perfect" but I rather doubt that those slinging the mud towards him are very perfect either. JMHO

Sorry this got off topic. I don't think this is where Red Cent intended it to go.

Rick, There are just some folks in this world who are never happy! I stand my ground -- Coyote Cap is a man of his word and I'll also add a very excellent gunsmith and our dear friend! :wub: He may not be "perfect" but I rather doubt that those slinging the mud towards him are very perfect either. JMHO

Sorry this got off topic. I don't think this is where Red Cent intended it to go.

Red Cent is trying not to be a load on Cap. An honorable thought, but I'm thinkin' the Cap I know would be happy to make it right.

CR

Archived