SASS Wire Forum

Lunar Eclipse Saturday Morning

Subdeacon Joe

“It's going to be pretty much clear, but it's going to be on the cold side, somewhere around 40-ish,”

Well it'll be around 13-ish here. I have a great view of the western horizon but I don't think we'll see much here. . :lol:

Well it was only down to 14 so I took the telescope out on the front porch and watched the show. Very cool. The eclipse reached it's peak as the sky was getting light in the east.

There was a coyote up the canyon who seemed to think it was a good time to serenade.

Had to come back in the house twice to warm up my coffee though. :blink:

20 degrees here on the North Coast, a dusting of snow but it should be gone by tommorow. It's supposed to be in the high 30's and sunny fer the next few days. Rain in the forecast for Tuesday and in the 40's. Man we've been lucky so far. Thank God for global warming! B)

There was a coyote up the canyon who seemed to think it was a good time to serenade.

Had to come back in the house twice to warm up my coffee though. :blink:

Yeah, life is rough all over. I actually had to STAND at the bedroom window to watch it. :lol:

Hit totality just as the Moon was about to set behind the mountain just to the west of us (you CO types would call it a medium hill).

Must have been nice to have that music though. We just heard dogs barking and a (#&$ car alarm.

Could be. I was looking online for some sort of map, only ones I saw were like a map of the world with a giant sine wave over it, some light and some dark. They said anywhere light could see something, best I could make out it looked like Texas could see a partial. I'm not sure though, was having a hard time making heads or tails of it. I saw nothing in the local newspaper and TV news websites, so you might be right.

Like it matters now anyway! :lol:

JHC

The New article said that one could see it starting in the western sky from California at 6am. From Colorado that would be at 7am and Texas at 8am. You can never see a lunar eclipse when it's daylight in the winter because a lunar eclipse always comes at night with a full moon.

Archived