SASS Wire Forum

Wreck this morning......

EE Taft

Well, long story short, I went up to the highway crossing and looked south to check oncoming traffic and then looked to the north even though it was four lane. When I looked north I see the last of about 2 or 3 rolls made by a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I pulled out and down to the next crossing just in time to meet a friend of mine passing by....we both looked at each other without a word and ran to the Blazer. Through the windshield we could just barely see a young lady trying to get out of her seatbelt....Thank God she was wearing it!.....I walked around to the undercarrage side as the Blazer was on it's side and climbed up on top. Sitting on the back door I managed to get the front door open and looked inside. she had already gotten out of the seat and made her way to the back seat to find her things out of my sight. I asked "are you ok?" She reappeared from the back with a bit of blood on her hands and said "I'm Ok." I thought for sure she had a baby with her or something and asked if she did. She told me that she was alone.....Thank God! I helped her out and managed to see a happy ending to the situation.

This was all after an ordeal yesterday across the river in Quincy Il. where a man tragically died in a car accident and fire. the folks on the scene knew he was alive but couldn't get him out. My prayers have been with that family all night long and then this morning I'm involved in this.......I don't know what to say about it all.

But, I sure feel good knowing the accident that I helped out on turned out the way it did. I feel terrible for the family that lost their loved one yesterday. It's just the season to think about helping when you can...and living with the memory when you can't.

Y'all be safe out on the roads this winter. BUCKLE UP! BE SAFE!

~EE Taft~

Archived