SASS Wire Forum

Frivilous or genuine?

I generally dump 5-6 in my hand and pop them all in my mouth, no loitering around in my hand, so I haven't noticed any melting problems.

It's the chocolate that doesn't melt in your hand. There has always been some transfer of the outer coating if they are held in the hand for any length of time, especially if damp. The blue may be a more intense dye than the others (never understood the recent fad for blue foods - the only foods that should be blue are blueberries and some of the veined cheeses), and, since it isn't a color natural to the human body, you see it more. Reds, yellows, and even greens tend to blend better.

They don't stay in my hand long enough for that. Sometimes right from the bag to the tongue. :lol:

Do we really have a thread about M&Ms?

I love you guys!!!

Our interests and discussions are eclectic and, some would say,...offbeat. ;)

It's hard enough to resist peanut M&Ms...if they ever start making cashew M&Ms I am doomed!!

That would be bad, real bad! I have thought that for years and am afraid to send it in as a request or suggestion.:D

Melting is the changing of a solid to a liquid because of heat. That is not what is happening. What is happening is the moisture on your hands, whether sweat or just plain skin oil, is causing the dye to run.

I put M&Ms on my ice cream. No way is anything melting there, but when I get to the bottom, I'm liable to find an M&M sitting in a puddle of green vanilla ice cream. The moisture of the ice cream made the dye on the candy run.

Archived