SASS Wire Forum

Why No Picture Posting Allowed?

Rancho Roy

Many folks that run these types of forums allow pictures to be posted that are hosted from other sites such as PhotoBucket, Fotki, etc.

This is the only forum I visit that doesn't offer that feature. You can only post a URL and then folks have to click on it to see the picture.

If the photos are hosted on another site, there is no degredation to the bandwidth of this site.

I know we are "playing" 1875, but this is 2011............Let's get with it!......:o

Many folks that run these types of forums allow pictures to be posted that are hosted from other sites such as PhotoBucket, Fotki, etc.

This is the only forum I visit that doesn't offer that feature. You can only post a URL and then folks have to click on it to see the picture.

If the photos are hosted on another site, there is no degredation to the bandwidth of this site.

I know we are "playing" 1875, but this is 2011............Let's get with it!......:o

As long as a link to a photo is provided, it is done all the time. You can not put a photo directly on this site. I am sure if you offered SASS the cash yearly to add bandwidth to post directly on this site I am sure they would reconsider. Being a dues paying SASS member would help your cause.

As long as a link to a photo is provided, it is done all the time. You can not put a photo directly on this site. I am sure if you offered SASS the cash yearly to add bandwidth to post directly on this site I am sure they would reconsider. Being a dues paying SASS member would help your cause.

example of a link:

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/pagnew/GunnerintheNewYear-1-2.jpg

or with title:

Gunner's rig

GG ~ :FlagAm:

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Back in the earlier days of the SASS Wire, it was possible to post pics.

But it took lots of space (or bandwidth or some such cyber talk).

Some forums allow it, some don't.

MG

I don't know specifics as to why the option to view pictures within the threads isn't allowed but I know some people abuse that option to a point where there are giant pics requiring scroll bar use to read text on posts or a single post of many pics taking up an entire page. My opinion is having the ability to post a link to the hosting picture site is more than adequate. Keeps the threads cleaner and easier to read through in the end. Pics are nice but an additional click to keep unintended consequences and other forms of abuse to a minimum is nicer.

Agree with Monco but too many posters don't know how to post pictures either as directs or image code to begin with. And those that do post image code are deficient in how to properly decrease the size of the picture. Then there are few forums that put code in the software to reduce these humongous sized pictures

Being able to post on forums, pictures via Image Code in reality is just instant self gratification where folks don't have to do the additional - human nature ... lazy

I've often wondered the same thing myself. We can post videos although the number we can post within a particular reply is limited. I don't think that's a bad thing (limiting the number) and there's not a reason in the world why the same couldn't be done with photos. With that said, it's up to the moderators as to what they do and do not do, but IMO suggestions for improvement can be a very good thing and should not be discounted simply because a person is new. Sometimes "new eyes" are the best eyes because they see what everyone else has just accepted as the way it has always been and fail to see opportunity for improvement.

Roy B, if you haven't been to a shoot, I can assure you that the kindness extended at a shoot far exceeds what you might encounter here where sometimes keyboard courage runs rampant. It's a wonderful game played by a wonderful bunch of folks. Come on out and play!

Howdy,

You pards really dont know?? Really??

Its pretty darn simple, once upon a time sass pards posted pix

right on the sass wire. And whenever the pix ws even the slightest

bit racy the pards acted like they hadnt seen a woman in ten years.

The hits went right thru the roof and nobody could hardly git on the wire.

What finally did it for sure was the Sweeedish Bikini Team wearing

six shooters and cowboy hats etc.

And thats all she wrote.

Best

CR

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life
Why No Picture Posting Allowed?

'Cause... there's just way too many ugly folks on the Wire....

For instance... take the very folks postin' to this thread even. We all fell outta the ugly tree, hittin' ever limb... and the bestest-lookin' one of us looks like 5 miles of bad road.

ts

What a nice bunch of pards we got here...............

First off, yes, I'm new to CAS. I've shot in two meets thus far and will be shooting again on the 17th Dec. A great sport and loads of fun! (And I'd change nothing)

Second, I'm a CAS Member. "Rancho Roy" # 93544

Third, what I'm asking will not use any more bandwidth than what is already used to post the URL. Every other forum that I've ever visited or helped design on the internet uses picture imbedding technology. No big deal.

Fourth, we have a very nice saying over on an Adventure Motorcycle site I visit frequently..........But I'll wait until I've shot a few more matches and my suggestions might be better accepted before I use it.......:D

where sometimes keyboard courage runs rampant

Now that right there is a GREAT quote! THANKS!

And yes, I've meet some of the nicest folks I've ever met in the shooting sports at the few matches I've attended or shot at................:wub:

First off, yes, I'm new to CAS. I've shot in two meets thus far and will be shooting again on the 17th Dec. A great sport and loads of fun! (And I'd change nothing)

Third, what I'm asking will not use any more bandwidth than what is already used to post the URL. Every other forum that I've ever visited or helped design on the internet uses picture imbedding technology. No big deal.

Fourth, we have a very nice saying over on an Adventure Motorcycle site I visit frequently..........But I'll wait until I've shot a few more matches and my suggestions might be better accepted before I use it.......:D

Why not fill out more information on yourself including adding you SASS number to your posts so folks do not think you are a guest. Easy to make that mistake since it says "guest" on all your posts.

Oh, and BTW.......I've tried to go into the "settings" and modify my signature, add my SASS #, etc and I keep getting

"[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information."

I've asked the moderators for assistance................Thanks!

Actually you are talking to the wrong audience when making a post on the Wire about improvements to the Wire. SASS owns the Wire and I do not believe anyone from SASS regularly reads the Wire. Suggest you call SASS headquarters and talk to the folks there that could actually make a change.

Heck... Raunchy Roy... go ahead and tell us... we already know who we are....

(Hope ya know... I'm just raggin' on ya... you bein' a newbie and all. Hell... I can already tell... you can take it. Glad to have ya aboard, Pard.)

ts

Why not fill out more information on yourself including adding you SASS number to your posts so folks do not think you are a guest. Easy to make that mistake since it says "guest" on all your posts.

Wouldn't ya think a guest or an ole timer with a low SASS number be treated with the same respect? JUst a thought.

Wouldn't ya think a guest or an ole timer with a low SASS number be treated with the same respect? JUst a thought.

That ain't his style... don't expect it. I ain't never liked him... but that don't mean much 'round here.

ts

No. Neither. None. I have as much fun ribbin' Tex as I would you. Ribbin' a pard or offerin' 'em respect based on a number is very dissimilar to whether a person is a Texan or an immigrant. And about as important.

Howdy,

You pards really dont know?? Really??

Its pretty darn simple, once upon a time sass pards posted pix

right on the sass wire. And whenever the pix ws even the slightest

bit racy the pards acted like they hadnt seen a woman in ten years.

The hits went right thru the roof and nobody could hardly git on the wire.

What finally did it for sure was the Sweeedish Bikini Team wearing

six shooters and cowboy hats etc.

And thats all she wrote.

Best

CR

Yup, I remember all the rukus that was caused when we posted the photos from the Swedish Bikini Team. Yup, that's when posting photos stopped. I dunno whether it takes up more bandwidth or not, but I remember the rukus that was caused. Although I don't remember them wearing cowboy hats.

Oh, and BTW.......I've tried to go into the "settings" and modify my signature, add my SASS #, etc and I keep getting

"[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information."

PM Black Harris and he can fix that for you.

Since you did not use your actual SASS alias when originally signing up, it might be easier to set up a new account with your real alias and SASS number.

Bowling Greene!.........Corvette Museum, beautiful area of the country, wonderful horses.........don't get much better! I'll be there this summer!

Tried to re-register but the site won't allow the email address to be used twice. So..... can no do!

I registered as a guest because it took a couple months to get my SASS number and my name validated. I didn't want to wait to share in all the pearls of wisdom I've been able to glean off you folks!

Tried to re-register but the site won't allow the email address to be used twice. So..... can no do!

I registered as a guest because it took a couple months to get my SASS number and my name validated. I didn't want to wait to share in all the pearls of wisdom I've been able to glean off you folks!

Please do not try to reregister, that causes a whole new set of problems. The reason you are not allowed to access your account is that you never validated your registration. I have sent you another validation request

BH

Archived