SASS Wire Forum

Convention Report

I had a great time. There were fewer vendors than in years past. The seminars I sat in on were well attended. We didn't go to the ball so I can't report on that. It was great to catch up with some folks I don't get to see very often and put names to faces I read on the wire. After the year's rest, we'll see what The Wild Bunch comes up with for the future.

The ball was great! There was just the right number of couples to fill the dance floor without crowding. My wife went home dreaming she was still dancing the Virginia Reel and the Lancers Quadrille. There were plenty of vendors and more quality seminars than I had time to attend. (My Christmas shopping is complete.) The Riv wasn't a bad experience either. The room was a good value considering the modest price. I also got to meet in person several people from the Wire I respect. I doubt that this is the last convention. I heard from a reputable source that this convention did OK financially. That indicates the convention has a future - especially when the economy improves.

Archived