SASS Wire Forum

Do you ever think you're perfectly normal until...

Three Foot Johnson

... you see a picture of yourself with normal people?

MY PIC

My li'l sis on my left, cousin and BIL on my right. When the alien invasion comes, I'll be a trophy on some little green man's den wall. :lol:

Normal is not a word I've ever applied to myself. :lol:

Pic

I'm going to need a lot of alcohol to blot THAT image out of my mind. :P

That would be me on the left - forty-seven years ago and 150 lbs ago! :o:lol:

Tres Amigos

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

... you see a picture of yourself with normal people?

MY PIC

My li'l sis on my left, cousin and BIL on my right. When the alien invasion comes, I'll be a trophy on some little green man's den wall. :lol:

Huntin' with you would require...

1. A big horse... 16 hands or better...

2. Two pack horses per week, just to tote yore food...

But the good thing... a man could pitch a tent leeward of yore's... and not be affected by the wind.

ts

Yep. Looking at that photo, I'm guessing you to be about 5' 18" or so. I'm only about 5' 13" myself, so not in your league, but sometimes I'll note that I can easily see over the heads of just about everyone around me. Or see a photo of myself next to someone and am surprised at how small they look.

When I married my bride of 21 years, she came complete with two kids. They were really scared of me because of my size - their bio-dad is about 5' 7" and maybe 110# after a big meal. Even my LAUGH scared them, a nice big, deep, Santa laugh. Confused the heck out of me the first time I let lose with a big belly laugh and they started crying.

Ya should have seen me nigh on forty years ago tryin' to fit through some o' those little hatches the NAVY thinks of as doors, and those steep narrow ladders that pass for staircases. :lol:

You really just need to go to one of my family get to gathers and you will see !

I am the only one who is normal ! LOL

But im shire they all say the same thing ! LOL LOL

I was 6'4" in my prime but I seem to have shrunk an inch and spread more than a few inches.....

but for years I have said that the world is designed for the 5'10" average...

Getting a comfortable car required a a lot of test drives at car dealers... and In many cases just attempting to get behind the wheel had me on the road to the next loot down the road before airbags made it against the law to modify seat tracks some cars could be made to work by repositioning the tracks back a fe inches a ploy I used on a car in the 70s it was fun watching someone else attempt to drive it if they war of less than average hight

and big and tall shops had some what limited selections back then ;)

I've been through Normal. Wouldn't recommend it. Nasty, boring place. Been trying to stay as far from Normal, IL as I can.

Perfect.............YUP ! ;)

Normal.............HELL NO ! ! ! :lol:

ABBI-NORMAL..........YES ! :wacko:

I'm normal for where I am.

I'm just the only one here.

I was a Marine. What do I know about normal??????????????lol

Being of the abnormal size as well (5'15/260)I find that when I get around someone that is more abnormal than I (bigger/taller) I become very intimidated because I am usually the biggest in any crowd.

Being of the abnormal size as well (5'15/260)I find that when I get around someone that is more abnormal than I (bigger/taller) I become very intimidated because I am usually the biggest in any crowd.

It has much the same effect on me... well not intimidated but it is an odd feeling to be looking up at someone you are talking to....

Not me. I always been a lil' bastard... got used to bein' round bigger folks. No matter the size...generally could take care of myself. Since I got older... I just figger it may take a tad longer nowadays.

Over the years... there's been an instance or two with some especially large mouth-breathers... that I was forced to produce an equalizer... but not before I was severely done in. I still ended up with shorter hospital stays than the other.

ts

I'm 5'8" so its kinda the other way for me but hey us little buggers can kick ya in the shins and run like heck ;)

Some of the best memories of my late teens was when id dunk a basketball over some of you giants. Sure looked funny :P

Then again I used to have a vertical almost as tall as I am.

Evil dogooder

Do you always carry that little stepladder? :lol:

DD

Now... Squirtwater... don't be ugly. Over the years... with all us chasin' squirrels up all these hollers 'round Tennessee here... I knowed many a fella who could navigate vertically. Never played basketball... never did appeal to us 'round here. (Don't reckon I ever helt a basketball in my hands... that I can recollect.)

Me... I could... and can... stand flat-footed and jump over and into any normal pick-up truck bed. Over the years... collected some money from non-believers, too.

And no step ladders, neither.

ts

Now... Squirtwater... don't be ugly. Over the years... with all us chasin' squirrels up all these hollers 'round Tennessee here... I knowed many a fella who could navigate vertically. Never played basketball... never did appeal to us 'round here. (Don't reckon I ever helt a basketball in my hands... that I can recollect.)

Me... I could... and can... stand flat-footed and jump over and into any normal pick-up truck bed. Over the years... collected some money from non-believers, too.

And no step ladders, neither.

ts

when you hold up the stage coach you could tell the passengers to "Kneel and Deliver " I guess.... would make a good bad guy catch phrase :lol:

when you hold up the stage coach you could tell the passengers to "Kneel and Deliver " I guess.... would make a good bad guy catch phrase :lol:

Funny as hell... Windsnotty...

ts

Geez, so many of you think 250+ makes you a big guy... I haven't seen that since high school! :lol: Starting my 57th year soon, it's really starting to take its toll on my ankles, knees, hips, and back. :(

I'm 5'10" and 240. I never considered myself to be big, but a lot of people seem to. They over-estimatee my size...even my wife does. She is always buying me clothes that are way too big. Got me a $250.00 XXXL overcoat that I couldn't exchange. I gave it to Goodwill.

Archived