SASS Wire Forum

It was only a matter of time

Utah Bob #35998

It started when Expresso became Espresso.

Then, various idiots started saying assessories instead accessories. I guess they think it makes them sound suave.

I knew it would happen eventually and yesterday it did. I saw a college football player talking about how fortunate he was to have been SUSSESSFUL this season.

I predict that in 50 years, the English language will be virtually incomprehensible to those of us living in the past. :wacko:

I wonder if some people will start saying "let me ass you a question" instead of "Let me axe you a question". hmmmm

+1

But.....what do you think Thomas Jefferson....who wrote like this....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

....would think about the English spoken today?

I have no doubt that he'd say, "huh?" :)

Chick

And I heard a woman say she was "estatic" about an award she won. :wacko::angry:

One of the reporters on the business station, Gary Kominsky, sounds like he was just released from Rikers Island. No matter how intelligent he may be the accent just makes him not believeable.

His favorite term is "aschew" as in "let me aschew a question"

BH

Archived