SASS Wire Forum

Dang cold

Utah Bob #35998

5 degrees this morning. Flagpole rope frozen solid. And the internet gets really spotty when the lines get cold. Lot's of Page Won't Load messages.

I think I'll go bake some biscuits and bananer muffins . :angry:

Go outside and wait for yer muffins to get done........

.......then ya won't need oven mits to get'em out!

:ph34r:

Yep...9 here this am. The dang wind was so strong that it whipped my flag up and over the eagle on top of the pole. Flag is frozen and stuck on the eagle top this am. Looks to be pretty shredded. I need to check my solar light too.

3 degrees here, a bit chilly to be sure. Drive to work wasn't too bad, but I really really really need new tires on my commuter car.

Hey dave...get a horse, you only have to shoe them :lol:

Not to complain - too much - but it got down to 40 here in SoCal. That's like -20 in Montana degrees. And the floor gas heater is off-line with a year's accumulation of German Shedder hair. Thank Gawd for electric mattress pads. It's 52 degrees inside the house, and I'm huggin' the coffee maker for all I'm worth.

This Winter thing SUX!

Yep, Grizz. I saw a whinge-fest and had to join in. 'course, don't exactly have the bones to really participate.

We're truly blessed here in La-LA-Land, even with our Loonislature.

All a matter of what you are used to there Uno Mas.

I'll take the cold winters so I don't have to suffer with summers that are too hot.

I'm with you, Griz. You can always add more layers but you can never {or should never} take enough off to cool down when it's really hot. Now where's my scarf and hat......

I've had several "heat strokes" never a "cold stroke". -15 at our house 8 miles west of Cheyenne. Wood stove works well, woke up to a balmy 65. Laramie WY -27, -40 wind chill.

Warmer weather will be here in 4-5 months. It's just weather, deal with it cause bitchin' aint gonna change things. B)

LL'

Here in Disneyland, Anaheim, it's 65 and three feet of sunny with lots of wind blowin'. :FlagAm: Palm trees are getting shed of old palm fronds without the aid of a tree trimmer. Tee shirt and shorts are the uniform of the day, flip flops or tenny runners, your choice. Time to make a 7-11 run for a Super Big Gulp Diet Coke.

Big Jake

P.S. 2:23 and it's up to 67 degrees now. If it gets above 70, I go swimming.

Started out at five degrees here early this morning, but warmed up to a balmy 19 degrees by late afternoon. When I went out to feed the stock this evening, the temperature had dropped to around nine degrees. Supposed to hit six degrees tonight.

We just vacuumed several Pomeranians worth of dog hair out of the floor furnace and lit the old monster.

I official declare it to be @#$%^&*@#$ Winter.

37 freakin' degrees! In SoCal! There oughta be a law!

I remember when I was a kid in Downey, Dad scraped the ice off his truck in the morning before he went to work and the garden hose all froze.

Was 2 here last night, weather report predicts colder tonight.

I'm thinkin it should get back up to Zero any minute now. Sun's comin up. :lol:

Damn I hope the wind does'nt blow the banannas are almost ripe.

Cold this morning. Got in the car as the sun was coming up. Hmm... there's a little cr@p on the windshield. I know: I'll use the windshield washer fluid.

Yep -- It froze on the glass. And more fluid didn't help -- a lot. Instant white-out. Had to stop and chip it off.

I'm just glad I don't live where it snows. I'd never make it: no skills. They'd find me frozen, with my tongue stuck to a flagpole.

Archived