SASS Wire Forum

Match director problems

Noz

Guys

I shoot with NOZ at that range , it stays setup , all 10 stages . The land owner there is very good at keeping EVERYTHING in top shape .

I am thinking it was the rifle targets on stages 8 , 9 , 10 , you do have to aim there , BUT so does everyone ELSE

Real nice range , have yet to shoot a clean match there , :lol:

CB

The only bad thing about that thinking is. Clubs like that, tend to stay small.

Have some like that around here. Or had. They had to change there thinking if they wanted

to bring in more shooters. And THAT is what the club should be trying to do. Grow.

Guys

I shoot with NOZ at that range , it stays setup , all 10 stages . The land owner there is very good at keeping EVERYTHING in top shape .

I am thinking it was the rifle targets on stages 8 , 9 , 10 , you do have to aim there , BUT so does everyone ELSE

Real nice range , have yet to shoot a clean match there , :lol:

CB

With the new targets and some of them moved closer, clean matches are becoming more common. In the last 4 months, Ivy, Me and Tightwad have all shot it clean. The range is unusual in that at no stage do you have level footing. You'll have right foot low left high on one and the opposite on the next, then shooting downhill on a couple. Keeps you off balance(pun intended). We are in a very small market area in which the vast majority of the shooter drive from 30-90 minutes to get there.

In our current society we tend toward instant gratification rather than true personal achievement. A stage with all close and big targets is a means to instant gratification rather than true personal achievement. With this being said we need to encourage new shooters and even some long term shooters with a sense of achievement so we do need some close and big targets, but let’s keep some of the challenge in the game with some stages being set with true challenge in mind so we can have some sense of real personal achievement as well.

The club Noz is referring to host a monthly shoot that my wife and I try hard not to miss. Not because the targets are easy or hard but because the people that shoot there are some of the best you will find in cowboy action shooting.

Archived