SASS Wire Forum

Match director problems

Noz

Typical shoot day. President was absent for a portion of the shoot so it befell me to act in his place as MD.

In the midst of the shoot one shooter came to me and complained that the targets were too close. They needed to be moved out a few yards.

10 minutes later another shooter came to me and complained that the targets were to far out and needed to be moved in a few yards.

How do you keep every body happy?

Typical shoot day. President was absent for a portion of the shoot so it befell me to act in his place as MD.

In the midst of the shoot one shooter came to me and complained that the targets were too close. They needed to be moved out a few yards.

10 minutes later another shooter came to me and complained that the targets were to far out and needed to be moved in a few yards.

The only thing I can suggest is poll the shooters at your club see what the major wants and go with it, you cannot please everybody all the time just isn't possible, MD is a thankless job and remember at least the clubs I shoot at, it is a volunteer position.

Thanks

KK

Never let a vocal minority effect the match.

Appoint an ad hoc committee of two...introduce the shooters who made the complaints to each other, tell them to work it out themselves.

Then have everyone else on the posse sit back and watch the show. :lol:

Appoint an ad hoc committee of two...introduce the shooters who made the complaints to each other, tell them to work it out themselves.

You are an evil, wicked man with a low sense of humor.

I like that.

That might work, but I would suggest that all guns and ammunition be removed from the arena er...area.

Perhaps boxing gloves could be provided. :lol:

J-Bar has the perfect solution. I will laugh at this for days.

Set aside a separate area they can occupy and march with their protest signs. Tell them to remain in that area, don't block traffic and no overnight camping.

If they get out of line, pepper spray 'em.

:lol:

Sounds like you may have them about right. Somewhere in the middle.

You will not make everyone happy. But do what will bring in the most shooters which is

after all the best for the club.

Might also tell them both. If they don't like it. They can get there &^% to the range and help

set it up.

Sounds about par for the course! I'm thinking that a policy of only accepting signed written "suggestions" and then putting them in a hat and drawing out a winner. The lucky winner gets to be the match director!

Thanks guys! I'm not having a good day and suggestions like J-Bar's really have helped.

Here's another thought for ya.

In future, tell the first guy that you will take his suggestion under advisement. Tell the second guy that you did have em set that way but first guy complained so you moved em. :lol:

Give them their money back and tell them to leave and everyone else is here to have fun. ^_^

Or perhaps thank them for volunteering to write and set up next months match.

LL'

NOZ: I Can Take Care Of This Problem in a Chevy Heart Beat. Just Tell Them That I Am Going To Start Writing The Stages Again and Bringing Back The BANDITS!!!This Will Scare The Crap Out of Them and While They Are Busy looking For me,You Are Off The Hook!:lol:

Both shooters are friends of mine and both were serious. There are only 3 stages involved in the controversy. Never the less this brings the argument of close and far to the top. I think I'll send a questionaire to the Posse members before the next shoot. Course I'll have to get by the regular MD and he is a semi-far type while I favor the semi-close ones.

Anything besides the stinkin Banditos. They are worse than the Bar-3 chickens. A hanging plate rack with five big hatted vaqueros. Probably 10" tall and 6-8" wide. Set at five yards and I have seen GOOD shooters miss all five and then just stare at them. They are not too small especially at that distance but for some reason the shape messes with your head. They have caused a lot of unhappiness over the years.

Them Banditoes Are NO Problem For 90+ % Of The Shooters That Go Up Against Them.They Are My Little Red Buddies.( I Shoot Gunfighter also). What I learned Early On Is That You CAN NOT Please Everyone. If You Ask Everyone:You Will have That Many Answers!:blush:Write The Stages,Set The targets,And Shoot.Move Them Around a Little Bit But Give Up the Idea Of Pleasing Everyone.But Do Find Out What Makes The Gamers Most Unhappy So I Can Write Stages Accordingly!!!hehehehe Your Old Pard: Ozarks Monte.

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

You take off that stove-top hat of yorn... and tell 'em...

"Watch me pull a rabbit outta this hat."

Whilst they be watchin' intensely... all the sudden-like... bi#ch slap 'em.

That'll learn their a$$e$....

ts

Ask them if they would like to join your gun club and help you set up the stages ?

Guys

I shoot with NOZ at that range , it stays setup , all 10 stages . The land owner there is very good at keeping EVERYTHING in top shape .

I am thinking it was the rifle targets on stages 8 , 9 , 10 , you do have to aim there , BUT so does everyone ELSE

Real nice range , have yet to shoot a clean match there , :lol:

CB

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

Guys

I shoot with NOZ at that range , it stays setup , all 10 stages . The land owner there is very good at keeping EVERYTHING in top shape .

I am thinking it was the rifle targets on stages 8 , 9 , 10 , you do have to aim there , BUT so does everyone ELSE

Real nice range , have yet to shoot a clean match there , :lol:

CB

So... in other words... Sawachick-onest Bill... you couldn't hit them close-up/far-away targets. Sad... just plaion sad....

Heck man... you ain't no better'n me.

ts

Archived