SASS Wire Forum

Another NCIS Episode

Subdeacon Joe

The reporter. Played by Elena Lyons. Hot as August at Furnace Creek. Did some checking on her. According to IMDB, she is 10th ranked female in CA in sporting clays.

In the Maxim article on her, she claims that her Hollywood career really started when Spielberg saw her at the range and asked about her.

Did Spielberg see her at a golf range?

I thought he was a Hollywierd gun-hater :huh:

Seems as if he is not adverse to a round or two of sporting clays himself. http://gunseditor.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/the-lost-world-of-steven-spielberg-his-guns-and-secret-life-as-a-shooter/

It was Spielberg’s father, an electrical engineer and amateur film buff, who spurred his interest in movie-making. It was also his dad, a World War II Air Force sharpshooter, who taught Steven his gun-handling skills.

As someone who never enjoyed much of the regular sports during his childhood, Steven Spielberg introduced his son Max, in 1995, to the sport he knows best — Sporting Clays.

Screenwriter and director John Milius (Apocalypse Now and Clear and Present Danger) describes Steven Spielberg as a sharpshooter. Spielberg, he said, regularly shoots an Italian over/under Fabri shotgun, an engraved model of which costs in the neighborhood of $85,000.

Milius said he began shooting sporting clays with Spielberg in the late 1960s at the Oak Tree Gun Club in southern California. During their younger days, Milius said, they used to play at least once a week. “We call it red-neck golf,” Milius said, “just like golf, you either like it or you don’t.”

Explaining Spielberg’s passion for collecting top-of-the-line shotguns, Milius told this writer, “They are just beautiful things. How many beautiful works of art can you take out and use?”

Milius would often shoot Sporting Clays with Spielberg. He admits having lost “a few times” to Spielberg, who actually received some shooting lessons from him in the past. “I’m the teacher and he’s the student, but on a good day he’s really good.”

Art Bright, manager of the Pachmayr Range in southern California, remembers giving Spielberg and young Max a few shooting tips. “Steven Spielberg is a pretty good shot,” Bright says. “He’s probably a solid B-class shooter.”

Rifle maker Butch Searcy confirmed having built two big-bore rifles that were used as props in the movie Jurassic Park. The .600 Nitro rifles, bearing the serial numbers Lost World 1 and Lost World 2, are valued at $40,000 each, Searcy said, adding that Spielberg’s aides had told him that one of the rifles became a part of the director’s collection.

I've seen a few references suggesting he has a fairly extensive collection of eeee....vvvviillll assault rifles too, supposedly enough to make Heston blink in amazement.

Many rich/powerful people have guns or bodyguards with guns,

Yet they don't want us "little people" owning the Great Equalizers.

In the movie Schindler's List Spielberg showed the Jews leaving his factory with a few items of value.

In the actual book, Schindler made sure the Jews had guns for protection.

Would a gun-loving guy (you or I) leave that out?

Many rich/powerful people have guns or bodyguards with guns,

Yet they don't want us "little people" owning the Great Equalizers.

In the movie Schindler's List Spielberg showed the Jews leaving his factory with a few items of value.

In the actual book, Schindler made sure the Jews had guns for protection.

Would a gun-loving guy (you or I) leave that out?

Yeah, I know, contradictions abound. Maybe he thinks he needs to play the anti-gun game to keep making his movies?

Yeah, I know, contradictions abound. Maybe he thinks he needs to play the anti-gun game to keep making his movies?

100% correct!

He would never have gotten an Oscar if he'd included the guns for self-protection.

If he left the guns out of Schindler, to get the Oscar, then why go back, 20 or more years later, and take the guns out of ET? I don't see him getting an award for a 20-year-old movie.

Yep, the elite need guns, but not us serfs.

Archived