SASS Wire Forum

Potato & Onion Soup

Subdeacon Joe

Sounds good.

A few years ago when on vacation down by Playa, in Mexico.

Had some Creamy Potato & Leak Soup. Was the best soup I

have ever had. Have tried to make it myself. Get close. But still

not as good as that stuff was.

Got a batch started in the slow cooker. Onions, garlic, turkey stock (home made), pepper, butter, italian herbs. In a few hours I'll add some celery and carrots. And some milk.

Where are the potatoes?

Or is it Onion soup?

Fry a few strips of bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and add a handful of chopped onions and carrots to the bacon grease and simmer until translucent. (Onions, not the carrots) add water to cover the pile of potatoes, salt and pepper and crispy bacon you just put in. Cook til done add milk to bring level up to soup state. Add instant potatoes if you want it a little thicker.

Not fancy, just good.

More better? Add cream instead of milk. Use Yukon gold potatoes. One of those recipes that just gets better the longer you cook it.

Fry a few strips of bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and add a handful of chopped onions and carrots to the bacon grease and simmer until translucent. (Onions, not the carrots) add water to cover the pile of potatoes, salt and pepper and crispy bacon you just put in. Cook til done add milk to bring level up to soup state. Add instant potatoes if you want it a little thicker.

Not fancy, just good.

More better? Add cream instead of milk. Use Yukon gold potatoes. One of those recipes that just gets better the longer you cook it.

Man, this is sounding good. And real close to what I have done trying to get close to the soup I had

in Mexico.

But used leaks and celery, instead of onions and carrots.

And used the cream instead of milk.

This is all making me want some. May have to run to the store after while.

Hey dad, can I come over for dinner?????????lol

Archived