SASS Wire Forum

Brimstone Pistoleros At It Again

Prof. Fuller Bullspit

Saw this thread hadn't seen any action for a while so I thought I would bring it back.

Yesterday was a good day. After several months of minimum or no work being done in my ammunition shop, (family issue), I can say I finally got completely caught up. So today, I start on the New Thunder Valley Targets. I won't have anything coming in to the shop for another week so I can give this my full attention.

I have enough stuff here to build at least three special targets.

Prof, the two 3" targets will be first.

---------

Talked with Rowdy and we came up with a plan on what to do with these... You should be able to write them in almost anywhere. When I get them built, I'd like you to come see them so you know how they will work. I'll let you know when.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(ya think they're compensating for something? ;))

:FlagAm:

I am!! A postponed childhood. :-)

Cliff, please sign me up for Real Cowboy and lunch. I hope to be close to 100% by March. This dang foot surgery has been a challenge. I will only be shooting the category.

Lumpy,

I have zero messages in my PM file.

And if you found a date for Last Stand at Chimney Rock, I'd like to know. It hasn't been set yet as far as i know. If you got the date from the RRBar web site, those dates where just place holders while I completely rebuilt the web site from the ground up as I do the first of every year.

I hope to get the schedule this Sunday at the monthly match or at the Feb monthly meeting.

Will up date the RRBar web site with information as soon as I get it.

CH

Cliff, tried to PM you, and it sez you can't rec'em. Thought that meant your was full :wacko:

Of all the dang places, I found it in the clubs site :o:lol:

http://www.rrbarregulators.com/RRBar-Events.html

I do need to know the REAL Chimney Rock dates ASAP.

Wish I had known they weren't the approved dates on the RRBar site. A notice of some sort on that page would have been nice. <_<

Cheers,

LG

Sorry about that.

I just changed the Events page to show the date is not set. Nothing on the web sit is set yet. The 2012 officers haven't even gotten together yet and the first club meeting is in Feb because the 1st meeting would have been the 1st of Jan. It was canceled.

I have sent out e-mails to find out if there is a date for LSCR. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know and put the dates on RRBar site as well as here on the SASS Events forum.

Thank you for bumping this....

I needed a reminder so's I can be sure ta be there!

BUMP This....

I am in and so is Deja Vous, she just don;t know it yet...

JJJ-D

I reckon I'll have to bring my puny little 12 gauge '87 out to play with all the boys who have 10 gauges - (ya think they're compensating for something? ;))

Cliffy - Put me down for the Monte Walsh category. :FlagAm:

C'mon Ivory, I'm going with Ethan's answer "Postponed Childhood" I had some fun stuff when I was growing up, none of them were guns.

Cliff, I'll be shooting Monte Walsh

Oh.. boy I can't wait.. uh.. wait.. we need to bring extra shotgun shells.. lol.. Last time I shot where Weedy was JJJ's borrowed some from him and I have never been the same.. lol,.,.. It was so much fun... I can't wait... course I never can wait.l.. patience in waiting for a shoot is not a virtue for me.. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well,....... six interesting stages are tentatively posted on the Brimstone site. There is a possibility of changes to come and the rumor of a feathered boa has also become a reality folks. The Mighty Tens are coming out as are the long rifles so it's time to decide whether to throw my hat in the ring. The thought of 18+ 10 gauge rds on one stage is just too tantalizing to resist.

Sign me up for Real Cowboy + lunch Cliff.

Jailhouse (just waiting for March) Jim

Jailhouse Jim is on the list.

------------

The stages lists now are only part of the stages I received. I don't have enough room on the range to use them all. Remember we have to share half the bays with the action pistol shooters. Not a problem because they use the bays with no props in them. We get all of the town.

I'm looking over to see what I can do and I have time to talk to the action pistol MD to make sure what they plan to use. Looking over the stages not posted I see the Canon Ball stage may make an appearance. Maybe I can combine that stage in with another stage.

As always, I will post updates and changes to stages when they are made.

I've shot several matches that use two separate scenarios on a single stage. It worked nicely and kept movement between stages to a minimum. Maybe those other two stages can fit in somewhere with the rest. I guess I'd better get to loading some 10 gauge shells. :ph34r: You might come up with another all SG stage.

I looked over some posts by the ever eloquent Professor Cubby Bear from last year. Cliffy, you can be a devious and evil man when it comes to stage writing.

I wrote the all shotgun stage for another match last year. Made a couple of changed to make it interesting for the BP match. All the other stages are written by Prof. I will make suggestions on one or two but it is up to Prof. It's his match.

There will not be another all shotgun stage. You can shoot two categories if you want resulting in shooting that stage twice.

I wrote the all shotgun stage for another match last year. Made a couple of changed to make it interesting for the BP match. All the other stages are written by Prof. I will make suggestions on one or two but it is up to Prof. It's his match.

As "Stumpy" would say, "There you go again, always trying to blame me...."

I wrote 7 or 8 stages for this one so we could pick the ones that go with the bays we get to use. We may blend a couple of ideas from stages left out to make the stages that we shoot as much fun as possible.

Prof. Later today I'm going to print out all your stages so I can see them all at once. I then we can talk about what to do with them. You stage 1 is in because I built ground targets yesterday for it to make sure we have enough. The all shotgun stage uses several ground targets and I didn't want to be short of targets.

This week I will be building the stands for the two special bonus targets. The targets are done but won't fit on standard stands and work properly.

On Saturday while at Cajon I was asked about the Canon Ball stage. I noticed you have it in with your stages. I need to look as see if I will have a bay large enough to set that up. Remember we talked about putting it on an angle in the bay. That may work well in any bay. On the 12th of Feb I'll be at RRBar and will find all the parts to that target. I'll bring the target parts home and see if I can make it work on an angle. I really don't see why not.

And for everyone reading this thread, Brimstone Pistoleros will put on an interesting match. Even if we have to make it up the morning of the match.

----------------

When was the last time you were at a cowboy match and had to shoot shotgun hulls off a fence rail wit your pistol? I don't have a stage like that written for this year but it only takes a couple of minutes to setup if needed. hee hee

And for everyone reading this thread, Brimstone Pistoleros will put on an interesting match. Even if we have to make it up the morning of the match.

----------------

When was the last time you were at a cowboy match and had to shoot shotgun hulls off a fence rail wit your pistol? I don't have a stage like that written for this year but it only takes a couple of minutes to setup if needed. hee hee

Hence the title "Evil Cliff Hanger".

I'm glad I'm not shooting Plainsman this year with SG shells on a post at a 100 yds. :ph34r:

Here's a reason to change your mind about plainsman.

The 100 yard target may only be 89 yards due to the firing line placement. :P

SG shells on a post at 89 yds is still a pretty good poke with open sights. :D

BTW, I am working on Howdy Doody so there may be two from the north country coming. I drive right past his house so there is no reason for him not to throw in with me.

I found an extra box of 45/70s

I want to keep Weedy and Ivory Jack honest in the Monte Walsh Catagory

Auntie Emmy may come along, but I doubt if I can get her to shoot Black Powder

Coffee

Black powder? Isn't that the smelly, sooty, fire belching stuff? That it makes clouds of wonderous smoke and looks so, so, so cowboy?

I would be willing to try it out. The match director will be cleaning the guns I expect. I have had a long standing dream of shooting that there black powder, so count me in please. Any chance of tossing those non stickable knives again? On my posse only one pard stuck one, infact maybe it was three. It was the dude that wrote the stage too. Go figure. Card splitting? I got mine with the second shot and have bragged about it ever since. :)

Hey.. you are you going to come out and play again? lol

It appears that work will be blocking my fun. :-(

Excellent! Our old friend Howdy Doody is coming!

It is about time for me to start griping about the crazy things our match director requires us to do...

I mean really, wearing a feather boa? What is up with that?

Maybe the feather boa is the reason Ethan has to work. :lol:

Count me in on the fun. I'll shoot cowboy and if I feel spry maybe another class too. Gonna ride in with Jailhouse Jim as my back up.

Looking forward to some great stages as always and the company is well....just the best. :)

Archived