SASS Wire Forum

I want one.

Fireball #7709 Life

I got to see and touch one last week. A SASS friend and business associate bought one and if I remember right his was #2 but I am not sure. I thought he also said Colt was only making ten at the rate of one a month.

It is a thing of beauty and the boxes that they come in are also prettier than most furniture. By far the most outstanding gun I have ever seen.

I did not ask the price as I was sure I could not afford one anyway.

Original cartridge pre-1899....check

Original action pre-1899...check

Correct sights could be mounted...check

And I could finally have a chance at long-range rifle side match!!!!!!

Now if I could figure how to mount it in my climbing stand!

At 50K, I guess that means Korupt Karl will get one.....unless he already has #1.

:lol::lol::lol:

..........Widder

I heard that he saw the ad and didn't even hesitate to click the "Add to Cart" button. :lol::FlagAm: Hey, it is a genuine Colt.

Big Jake

Cabela's in Hamburg had a Bulldog on the floor for a while, I think they priced it at $36K. Wasn't a Colt. Used to look at it each time I was there, finally it was gone. Made a comment to the sales guy in the gun room and he said "we'll get you one if you want it". Want or can pay for are two different things. Sigh.

I heard ya'll were buying it for a side match at LS!!!! :lol:

Yeah Dan, the committee buys it and you "store it"...yeah, that's the ticket, you "store it" :lol:

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Hey Fireball I heard these puppies are going for $50K+ I knowvwhere you can get a 9mm gatling gun for around $40K

Send me your e-mule and I'll send you the pictures

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Watched one go for $207,000 at auction once. Of course it was an original Colt on a carriage and happened to be one used in the Outlaw Josey Wales movie. Would have been a great coversation starter when setup in the living room. ;)

Archived