SASS Wire Forum

Don't waste the rope

Subdeacon Joe

Kidnapper sues hostages

A convicted Colorado kidnapper is suing a couple he held hostage two years ago for breaking their promise that they would help hide him from police.

Jessie Dimmick, 25, claims that Jared and Lindsay Rowley agreed to take an unspecified amount of cash in exchange for helping him hide from cops, who were hunting him in connection with the beating death of a Colorado man, The Topeka Capital-Journal reported.

Dimmick broke into the couple's Topeka, Kan., home on Sept. 12, 2009 after he crashed a stolen van onto their lawn during a high-speed chase with police.

The Rowleys claimed the young thug held them at knifepoint, but they eventually got his trust by munching on Cheetos, sipping Dr. Pepper and watching the Robin Williams flick "Patch Adams," the Capital-Journal reported at the time.

The couple managed to escape after Dimmick fell asleep, and police arrested him sometime later.

"As a result of the plaintiffs breech (sic) of contract, I, the defendant suffered a gunshot to my back, which almost killed me. The hospital bills alone are in excess of $160,000, which I have no way to pay," Dimmick wrote in the suit.

Police said Dimmick was shot when a cop's gun accidentally went off during the arrest.

Dimmick, who does not have a lawyer, wants $235,000, according to the Capital-Journal.

The suit was filed after the Rowleys sued Dimmick for $75,000 last month for emotional distress and home intrusion.

The couple's lawyer has asked a judge to throw out Dimmick's claim, saying the Rowleys never agreed to anything and were under emotional duress during the break-in, the newspaper reported.

Um..

ah...

yeah....

I would say put him the prosecutor and the judge all in prison with the hard core criminals ! 4life!

Looks like the people got a lawyer and sued first, and that this is his counterclaim, brought on his own sans lawyer. It will vanish....

Yup. The court will rule it frivolous and toss it.

Archived