SASS Wire Forum

want to buy pair of USFA Cowboys in 38 special

Cheval

I am looking for a pair of usfa cowboys in a 38 special. I'd like a 4'5/8 barrel or a 5 1/2 inch barrel.

We have a pair of USFA Rodeos in 38 for sale

consecutive serial numbers

5 1/2 inch barrel

$1100 for the pair

Excellent condition

We have a pair of USFA Rodeos in 38 for sale

consecutive serial numbers

5 1/2 inch barrel

$1100 for the pair

Excellent condition

Hi CL,

Are these factory still and not tuned by anyone or by chance are they tuned from Long Hunter?

Best Regards,

Bear Saint Paw

I have a slightly used pair of USFA Rodeo II's (that's the satin nickle ones) in 38 Spl 4 3/4" Bbls consecutive serial #'s tuned by Long Hunter plus original boxes and springs that I would sell for $1350 + shipping, or for $1550 + shipping I will include two pair of custom fitted Bar-S Tru-Ivory (slightly aged color) grips along with the original grips, a $300 value. There are some minor cosmetic blemishes on the revolvers where the plating was too thin. USFA will fix them but I have never bothered to send them in

I just checked USFA's website, a new pair of Rodeo II's with consecutive serial #'s list for $1850, that's without the Long Hunter action jobs.

Pictures on request.

Thankyour for your interest in selling me a set of 38's. Do they have any type of action jobs? I am looking for Cowboy's in 38 special so am not sure at this time for the purchase, but am keeping you in mind.

Thankyour for your interest in selling me a set of 38's. Do they have any type of action jobs? I am looking for Cowboy's in 38 special so am not sure at this time for the purchase, but am keeping you in mind.

Just checked the USFA website and didn't see a listing for a "Cowboy". Colt had a model for a few years called the "Cowboy" that had a transfer bar. Don't remember it being too popular.

Bear

Bear, that is a nice 44 special with a 71/2 barrel, What do you think it will bring? I have a couple of them in 5 1/2". Looking for a little less recoil with that light 125 bullet. The lightest I have used is the 165. I have the fps at about 550, maybe it won't make that much difference from a 38special to a 44 special. It seems like the 38 special is the most popular.

Bear, that is a nice 44 special with a 71/2 barrel, What do you think it will bring? I have a couple of them in 5 1/2". Looking for a little less recoil with that light 125 bullet. The lightest I have used is the 165. I have the fps at about 550, maybe it won't make that much difference from a 38special to a 44 special. It seems like the 38 special is the most popular.

I have no idea. I was looking for a pair of the USFA Cowboys in .38 Special a couple years ago when I first got into CAS is the only reason I was aware of them.

You can search on gunbroker.com using "Advanced search" and select completed and see what some went for in the past.

Seems like there are already some attractive offers on the table. None-the-less, I have a pair of New In The Box 5 1/2" Rodeos that I purchased from Longhunter a few years back. They have complete Longhunter treatment including forcing cone, widened rear sight, trigger and action job -- the usual treatment. They are in original flannel pouches and boxes with all papers and outer box sleeves. They have never been fired by me, perhaps Longhunter fired them while smithing them, I dunno. Price $1500 plus actual shipping costs.

Seems like there are already some attractive offers on the table. None-the-less, I have a pair of New In The Box 5 1/2" Rodeos that I purchased from Longhunter a few years back. They have complete Longhunter treatment including forcing cone, widened rear sight, trigger and action job -- the usual treatment. They are in original flannel pouches and boxes with all papers and outer box sleeves. They have never been fired by me, perhaps Longhunter fired them while smithing them, I dunno. Price $1500 plus actual shipping costs.

Standard or Low Profile hammers?

Hammers are machine jeweled or plain polished finish USFA Hammers?

Archived