SASS Wire Forum

Browning collectors,,,

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

I have an unfired 308 BLR ANIB, that is a TRW prototype....built in cleveland when they were selecting who would build them.

Any ideas what it's worth?

Cheyenne

Don't BLR stand for = Browning Lever Rifle??

What would TRW have to do with that?

How's about some pictures?

Respectfully,

LG

Know what the "T" stands for in TRW? :rolleyes:

Know what the "T" stands for in TRW? :rolleyes:

Thompson, he was a welder as I recall. He got his start making better valves for engines. Later he joined Ramo and Woldridge to form TRW. Ramo and Woldridge had their own company before then. Much later they branched out into the much different aerospace business it is today.

yes, it is a Browning Lever Rifle, made for Browning by TRW (cleveland) as a prototype to gain the contract from browning to mass produce the BLR. Their attempt failed, to my understanding from a lack of quality control aspect.

From my recollection only 300 or so were produced...

any ideas? :blush:

cheyenne B)

Thompson, he was a welder as I recall. He got his start making better valves for engines. Later he joined Ramo and Woldridge to form TRW. Ramo and Woldridge had their own company before then. Much later they branched out into the much different aerospace business it is today.

Yeras ago, when I was being recruited by TRW, I was told that the Thompson part of it traced back to the machine gun folks.

it aapears as if that was incorrect.

Yeras ago, when I was being recruited by TRW, I was told that the Thompson part of it traced back to the machine gun folks.

it aapears as if that was incorrect.

Thompson, the military guy that invented the Tommy gun was indeed a different person.

Archived