SASS Wire Forum

What the he** is wrong with me?

Utah Bob #35998

I got up this morning, put a batch of biscuits in the oven, went to the comfy chair and turned on the TV. On CBS they had switched from the parade to the Hard Rock Cafe where John Fogerty was about to perform "Have You Ever Seen the Rain". He started out a little weak. I figured his voice had lost it's zip over the years.

But very soon he really got into it and belted it out like in days gone by. The crowd, even the younger ones who weren't even born when the song came out, sang along with him and it seemed to fill him up and the years just melted away. It was good. Real good.

When he finished I had to take off my dang glasses and wipe my eyes for some reason.

I guess I'm just grateful I lived long enough to see it.

Happy thanksgiving everybody.

Not a darn thing Bob

Relax and enjoy the day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all from someone who is still trying to adjust to actually being off after 28 years of working on Thanksgiving.

There aint nothing wrong with you, my Brother. You have lived a full life. A life of good memories.. may all them young'n's learn from you and maybe some day, they will have rich memories.

I read this earlier and went got mine out and put it in the player, CRANKED THAT SUCKER UP... and woke up the neighborhood.

Got a bit misty-eyed myownself. Thanks for the Thanksgiving waker-upper, UB! :FlagAm:

Blessings to you all!

God bless and keep you Cap'n. I love that song. An amazing time in American history and in a lot of ours lives. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here. I pray that you are at peace and full of joy.

Bob,

Happy Thanksgiving to you. Ya didn't burn the biscuits did ya!!!

You beat me to it! I was expecting to read something about the biscuits burning.

Good song, though! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tonite when I pin on the tin star will be the last time I have to patrol on Thanksgiving.

And I am very thankful for that. And the plate my dispatcher promised to bring me for she is really an excellent cook! :)

I understand Brother. In my 28 years of Lawdogging, I worked probably 24 years of Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and Independence Day. Maybe 20 years of Memorial Day or Labor Day.

10 Years of Midnights, 9 years of Nights and 9 of Days...

Try to find a place to eat on major holidays is a bear.... Especially at night or the Midnight shift...

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

If you could explain what yore problem is... I would try to let you know the answer....

So... ever now and then... me and the boys break out Lodi... Bad Moon Rising... and Cross-tie Walker....

Elicits them same feelin's you got... in all of us...

I don't see a problem.

BTW... thanks to a realtor in the state... rode out of the San Juans down to what we thought... was yore property durin' the past few months. You weren't there. Later found out you was bein' all doctored-up a mite...

But the four of us... rode back up and 'round.... when I tole 'em "Nobody's home". If we was right... you do have a right-nice camp-site.... not easy to get to. Didn't see any signs of other horses at yore place or on the trail. Water was scarce. Man... you kinda live out in the middle of nowhere... you get injured there... yore in a world of hurt 'fore gettin' to town, my friend. Bein' who ya are... know you already know it.

Sure hope I ain't offend ya by ridin' up like that.

One of yore neighbors up the road a couple miles... he was kinda skeert... and not so nice... sorta ugly to us, really. But seein' us... don't blame him none.

ts

Nothin' wrong with you at all Bob, Some of the best rock music that will ever be made came from that era, IMHO..A lot of those old songs still bring a tear to my eye, just on account of it's such great music! :wub:

John's still got it, fer sure..And he's been through some crap, for a long time he legally barred from performing his own songs.

Fortunately for us all, he finally got the rights to his music back.. B)

I remember being surprised when I read him and CCR were from California, I had alway assumed they were were raised in a swamp in Louisiana! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!! :D

Bob,

It's not just you. Sometimes it's music, sometimes a movie or TV show or words that hit me right or wrong, I don't what it is. Sometimes I just have to walk out of a room. Remembering sometimes is tough, but good. I thank all those that were there for me, or that maybe I was there for them, and sometimes, words or music brings back those times. good and bad. Sometimes we just can't do it alone. Thanks for letting me say this, it is hard getting the right opportunity

If you could explain what yore problem is... I would try to let you know the answer....

So... ever now and then... me and the boys break out Lodi... Bad Moon Rising... and Cross-tie Walker....

Elicits them same feelin's you got... in all of us...

I don't see a problem.

BTW... thanks to a realtor in the state... rode out of the San Juans down to what we thought... was yore property durin' the past few months. You weren't there. Later found out you was bein' all doctored-up a mite...

But the four of us... rode back up and 'round.... when I tole 'em "Nobody's home". If we was right... you do have a right-nice camp-site.... not easy to get to. Didn't see any signs of other horses at yore place or on the trail. Water was scarce. Man... you kinda live out in the middle of nowhere... you get injured there... yore in a world of hurt 'fore gettin' to town, my friend. Bein' who ya are... know you already know it.

Sure hope I ain't offend ya by ridin' up like that.

One of yore neighbors up the road a couple miles... he was kinda skeert... and not so nice... sorta ugly to us, really. But seein' us... don't blame him none.

ts

If that was back in June I was down in SW Memorial havin my insides re-arranged.

Folks around here are nice but can be a might suspicious of strangers I reckon. Mostly because of the goober city folk that come up here hunting.

Sorry I missed yall.

So, now I'm sitting here wondering why I read this thread and listened to the link, and now I have to dry off the keyboard...

...don't guess you've got anything wrong Bob, just like the rest of us old guys...

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

If that was back in June I was down in SW Memorial havin my insides re-arranged.

Folks around here are nice but can be a might suspicious of strangers I reckon. Mostly because of the goober city folk that come up here hunting.

Sorry I missed yall.

It was kinda like a last-minute decision... or I woulda tried to get advance word to ya. Didn't have no WIFI's on our horses, neither.

We're comin' back next year... still got some explorin' to do from where 41 runs into 160... on down to the quad-state border. A rich veterinarian who rides with us is tryin' to buy a couple hunnert acres down close to 4-corners. (Seems like he got mostly rich by takin' care of my horse.)

BTW... other than the land, we weren't huntin' on that trip... just wearin' a whole lotta countryside by the time we got to where our Messican had driven our rig. Yore neighbor took one gander at us... with our horses lookin' all "done-in"... and figgered us for a buncha no-counts, I'm sure of it.

'Fore I drop in unannounced agin... first thing... I'll give ya a heads-up to find it is OK.

ts

Archived