SASS Wire Forum

Brown and serve rolls..

Deja Vous

What are they anyhow.. lol.. Growing up we made fresh bread at grandmothers with saffron biscuts. Today I was asked to bring cresset rolls and I do not know what they are. But a kid and the store told me they were Brown and serve rolls.. lol.. At times I am so lost.. lol.. I hope the are good..

Please have a great thanks giving.. and I will be thankful for what I have, who I have, for shooting, for my job, and for all of you... I hope your dinner is the best, your family and company are even better and the day is perfect for all of you... Maybe we need to write a Turkey day stage? lol

What are they anyhow.. lol.. Growing up we made fresh bread at grandmothers with saffron biscuts. Today I was asked to bring cresset rolls and I do not know what they are. But a kid and the store told me they were Brown and serve rolls.. lol.. At times I am so lost.. lol.. I hope the are good..

Please have a great thanks giving.. and I will be thankful for what I have, who I have, for shooting, for my job, and for all of you... I hope your dinner is the best, your family and company are even better and the day is perfect for all of you... Maybe we need to write a Turkey day stage? lol

Just what you said...Buy them and throw into the oven...Ten minutes later serve them for dinner...Hot bread...The lazy way...

Texas Lizard

Just what you said...Buy them and throw into the oven...Ten minutes later serve them for dinner...Hot bread...The lazy way...

Texas Lizard

yEAH.. WELL I am reading the bag for instructions.. lol.. Are you going out Sunday? IO can't wait to shoot.. Darn in DEC we don't have one.. Guess maybe I will have to use my foam bullet gun and shoot my evening news person.. lol... I should have my rig back on Sat. too.. I am so excited...

yEAH.. WELL I am reading the bag for instructions.. lol.. Are you going out Sunday? IO can't wait to shoot.. Darn in DEC we don't have one.. Guess maybe I will have to use my foam bullet gun and shoot my evening news person.. lol... I should have my rig back on Sat. too.. I am so excited...

I'm planning on being there...Might even bring youngest girl...If she isn't to busy running around...Only in town for two weeks, than back to London...

Texas Lizard

I'm planning on being there...Might even bring youngest girl...If she isn't to busy running around...Only in town for two weeks, than back to London...

Texas Lizard

Oh my gosh.,. i want to meet her.. if she is related to you she has to be cool... See ya there.... hugs to you and yours..

Oh my gosh.,. i want to meet her.. if she is related to you she has to be cool... See ya there.... hugs to you and yours..

Remember the picture of the badge holder...That was her...See you Sunday...If you are doing the bird, I hope its done and tasty...

TL

Remember the picture of the badge holder...That was her...See you Sunday...If you are doing the bird, I hope its done and tasty...

TL

Thanks.. hon.. see ya there... gotta meet your baby.. ... And i do remember.. thanks so much again.. I do wear it all t he time.. It is my favortie cuz it is from a true friend..hugs to you and your family...

I buy the Pillsbury brand crescent rolls regularly. Even I can bake them to perfection. Just follow the instructions on the label. They're pretty good, considering. My late wife's scratch crescent rolls were much better, but.....

Happy Thanksgiving, Deja, and all here. -- GIT

Crescent rolls are not brown and serve rolls. They're pretty versatile little things and you can anmke nice desserts from them

But I made fresh biscuits this morning. I hope they last till dinner. :wub:

Brown & serve rolls are partially cooked and then frozen rolls. They have been baked off to just before they start to brown. There are methods out there so you can make your own.

Crescent rolls are made from a dough that is sort of between puff pastry and biscuit, rolled out and cut into triangles, then rolled up and bent into crescent shapes. Or, maybe they are a biscuit-like croissant. In the store you find them in tubes along with the biscuits and cinnamon roll type stuff in the cold section. Very versatile things - roll up sausages in them, spread them with jam, or butter, sugar, and spices, and roll them up.

I buy the Pillsbury brand crescent rolls regularly. Even I can bake them to perfection. Just follow the instructions on the label. They're pretty good, considering. My late wife's scratch crescent rolls were much better, but.....

Happy Thanksgiving, Deja, and all here. -- GIT

thanks Gits... the food and company was great! The brown and serve not that great.. but the butter/olive oil, garlic/ balmaic vinegar/feta cheese helped.. lol... My oven does not bake evenly it appears.. lol

Archived