SASS Wire Forum

Don't tell nobody nothing

Grizzly Dave

My sweet wife in a moment of confusion responded to what she thought was her CC company and divulged information she shouldn't have. Within an hour, I had her call the number on the back of the card to verify, she had been phished.

Thankfully we have identity theft insurance, but still have spent many hours last night and this morning canceling accounts, notifying folks, changing user ids and passwords etc etc etc.

Don't tell nobody nothing unless you initiate it with a known good phone number.

Identity theft is the number one report I take at the station every night. Minimum two every night....and that's just me! Last one I took the "phishers" nailed the guy for $25K.

EC

My sweet wife in a moment of confusion responded to what she thought was her CC company and divulged information she shouldn't have. Within an hour, I had her call the number on the back of the card to verify, she had been phished.

Thankfully we have identity theft insurance, but still have spent many hours last night and this morning canceling accounts, notifying folks, changing user ids and passwords etc etc etc.

Don't tell nobody nothing unless you initiate it with a known good phone number.

Sorry Grizzes...I hope it all works out for ya..

Archived