SASS Wire Forum

Dreams..

Deja Vous

For decades I have had nothing but good dreams... Last night I had one that was not so good.. It has been on my mind all day long and now at 10:30 here in CA I can not let go of it.. It was like a knife in my heart... Do dreams mean anything?

In my dream someone who I think of alot of did nto think so much of me. They thought I was a bit of an odd duck and not worthy of them.. It was a horrible dream.. not sure why after so many years I would go back to kids night mares.. but I bet ya I will stop them.. lol.. cuz I can.. lol.. Just odd .. why do we dream good or bad.. and hurt our selves or make ourselves happy?

To deep for me, I don't put much stock into dreams. Now I'm sure you could find someone out there who for $200.00/hour would tell you exactly what it meant. :lol: Or at least what they thought it meant.

Something about dreams does amaze me though, and that's how often I work the alarm clock into a dream. Several times I've dreamed that I'm looking at a phone and the alarm goes off. In my dream I reach for the phone, then wake up. I reckon it could be explained one of two ways; 1. I am anticipating the alarm clock, and build a dream around that anticipation, or; 2. The alarm is already going off and my mind builds a dream before I actually wake up enough to hear the alarm.

For decades I have had nothing but good dreams... Last night I had one that was not so good.. It has been on my mind all day long and now at 10:30 here in CA I can not let go of it.. It was like a knife in my heart... Do dreams mean anything?

In my dream someone who I think of alot of did nto think so much of me. They thought I was a bit of an odd duck and not worthy of them.. It was a horrible dream.. not sure why after so many years I would go back to kids night mares.. but I bet ya I will stop them.. lol.. cuz I can.. lol.. Just odd .. why do we dream good or bad.. and hurt our selves or make ourselves happy?

Dreams are very confusing and scientists still don't know what they are. There is alot of symbolism in dreams. For example, I would have a recurring dream that I was in a house, not my house, just a house. It was dark, and every time I went into a room and flipped the light switch the lights would not go on. Every room was like that. Darkness. It was explained to me that if I was in a troublesome time, that I could not see the end of it, sorta like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....thus the lights not turning on. I stopped having the dream after I had resolved some conflict in my life. Maybe you think you need to get approval for something that you are doing in your life from this person and you may think that is the way they may react.

Did you drink something odd last night?

Seriously Deja, I wish I had some insite, but I don't. I don't remember dreams very often. I know we dream every night, but most of the time I wake up and remember nothing but my trying to get to sleep. When I do remember dreaming it's usually something powerful. But all I seem to remember is, 'what the he77 was that'! The details vanish in an instant. So I wouldn't put much stock into your dream. The imagination can do some strange things, and when your concious mind is at rest, your imagination can run wild.

Dutchman

An odd duck? You? Perish forbid!

Hon, dreams are crazy things that your subconscious flushes out so you won't be crazy when you're awake. I don't put much stock in them.

Mine are usually in color, quite detailed, and totally meaningless. I remember about half of them for a short period of time, but they fade.

I doubt any have ever effected my life or portended anything.

Odd Ducks Unite!!!

Deja, Deja, Deja, I done told ya oncet before: dreams do NOT mean ANYthing. NADA. Nothing at all. When YOU are asleep the brain is not. The brain never sleeps. So it is just killing time making up crazy stuff for fun. None of it MEANS ANYthing. It is like a running car with the transmission in neutral. The motor revs but the vehicle goes nowhere.

Do not ever worry about the meaning of dreams, there is no meaning in dreams. Just crazy mish mash of nonsense as the non-sleeping brain amuses itself.

To deep for me, I don't put much stock into dreams. Now I'm sure you could find someone out there who for $200.00/hour would tell you exactly what it meant. :lol: Or at least what they thought it meant.

Something about dreams does amaze me though, and that's how often I work the alarm clock into a dream. Several times I've dreamed that I'm looking at a phone and the alarm goes off. In my dream I reach for the phone, then wake up. I reckon it could be explained one of two ways; 1. I am anticipating the alarm clock, and build a dream around that anticipation, or; 2. The alarm is already going off and my mind builds a dream before I actually wake up enough to hear the alarm.

Dreams are odd, huh... I once thought I had tossed my alarm clock out the window when I was very young,,. lol...

Dreams are very confusing and scientists still don't know what they are. There is alot of symbolism in dreams. For example, I would have a recurring dream that I was in a house, not my house, just a house. It was dark, and every time I went into a room and flipped the light switch the lights would not go on. Every room was like that. Darkness. It was explained to me that if I was in a troublesome time, that I could not see the end of it, sorta like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.....thus the lights not turning on. I stopped having the dream after I had resolved some conflict in my life. Maybe you think you need to get approval for something that you are doing in your life from this person and you may think that is the way they may react.

Interestihng... Curleys,... I doubt anyone would give me approval for much I do.. loll I laugh too much, I were rose colored glasses, I am a conservative, and I love black powder and guns.. lol... ah.. just picking on you.. lol

Did you drink something odd last night?

Seriously Deja, I wish I had some insite, but I don't. I don't remember dreams very often. I know we dream every night, but most of the time I wake up and remember nothing but my trying to get to sleep. When I do remember dreaming it's usually something powerful. But all I seem to remember is, 'what the he77 was that'! The details vanish in an instant. So I wouldn't put much stock into your dream. The imagination can do some strange things, and when your concious mind is at rest, your imagination can run wild.

Dutchman

Dutches.. you need to dream more... I love my dreams.. but at times I can not understand why I had the dream. I have had a bit of pressure put on me recently, but I do pretty well under pressure. No one ever approves of me so that can't be it.. lol... The odd part is I know the person was so important to me, but I don't know who they were.. lol... And I know t hey thought little of me, even though they pretended to like me as I am it was so odd...

Interestihng... Curleys,... I doubt anyone would give me approval for much I do.. loll I laugh too much, I were rose colored glasses, I am a conservative, and I love black powder and guns.. lol... ah.. just picking on you.. lol

Whoa there young lady - that (and what you post here) all sounds like stuff I and most others here would heartily approve of!!! :)

Harvey

Whoa there young lady - that (and what you post here) all sounds like stuff I and most others here would heartily approve of!!! :)

Harvey

gosh.l thanks.. lol... I can't change cuz I have been me for a life time.. I guess I hang out here cuz everyoe is kinda a Matt Dillon. to me.. lol.. I understand all of you, and yiou seem to get me... like my dad or my brothers.. ...My step mom laughs when I come to visit cuz I bring a gun, or my dad gets his out and we spend a bit of time going over them..lol.. A few years back he decided he wanted to retire and he bought two ranches in OK.. Cheap stuff really so I am not bragging.. Anyhow.. he had a heart attack. I went back to help him out.. and he laid under his John Deere talking to me about hydralics .. lol.. At first he did not want me to get dirty. I was only 40 then keep in mind.. anyhow.. As the conversation moved forward I was moving from handing him tools to under the tractor. At the time my hair was long about to my waist and yeah.. full of diesel.. lol.. I came up with the idea to see if a Mason Jar lid would work or not as we had to wait for a part.. and it did for a short while.. lol.. The point is I am my dad favorite son at times.. lol... And I have so loved that part of my life. He is the one person who as accepted me for just me. I will so miss that someday.. but for today .. in my mind he will live forever.. at 92 he sure wants to.. lol

Archived