SASS Wire Forum

OT - Mossberg enters the AR market

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

Clarify.

The buffer tubes are the same. The A2's longer stock necessitates a plastic spacer on the tail end of the tube, inside the stock.

The buffers themselves are the same too, sort of. There are all different types of buffers with solid weights, shot weights, weights of different mass et cetera but their selection is not related to the A1/A2 stock differences.

Collapsible stocks do take different buffers and tubes, and I think some aftermarket collapsible stocks take their own buffers/tubes.

d

Thanks for the info -- I am by no means an expert.

Threads like this create psychological turmoil for me...I know ARs and 1911s are good guns, and as a shooting enthusiast I should be lusting after both. But I don't own either one, and just can't get excited about them.

I've got a 1911. It's my primary carry gun when I'm not carrying my SAA. However.... when it comes to an AR, I have NO interest. I carried and fired one between '77 and '90 in The Corps. I can't say I ever had one that I had confidence in. Even when we traded our "old" A1s in for new A2s.

If you can't trust a gun to NOT jam under the controlled conditions of the Range, you can't trust it to Not jam when you really need it Not to.

FWIW, I have an SKS for in case the Blue Helmets come. I figure that if I survive the first encounter, there will be plenty of battlefield pick ups for me to resupply myself with.

Archived