SASS Wire Forum

Coffee and ?

Chili Ron

Don't drink coffee personally but apple cider with a little vodka or everclear with warm your toes

Oh yes......I agree 100% !!

In short of dat, coffee goes well wif a couple shots of Bulliet !!

Now yore talkin pard!!!

I like the smell of coffee but don't care much for the taste.

My parents always had coffee made....always!

I got it in my head that coffee was something grownups drank.

I guess I've never really become a grownup huh?

I didn't really start drinking coffee until I was 30.....oops I mean 29 just this past November :lol:

I like the smell of coffee but don't care much for the taste.

My parents always had coffee made....always!

I got it in my head that coffee was something grownups drank.

I guess I've never really become a grownup huh?

Never thought of it that way but that's one way of staying young! (In yer mind anyway):lol: Rye

Bailey's: God's own coffee creamer.

What a great way to start off Thanksgiving morning!

Cheers!

For those of you who don't like coffee, I suggest you try some really good stuff. There are many hundreds of varieties and if you taste enough you'll probably find something you like. Kinda like wine.

The ground, canned stuff from the grocery store like Maxwell House, Folgers, and the like are a far cry from good coffee. It's just like the difference between a Tokarev and a finely tuned 1911. :lol:

We went on a Tahitian cruise with the in laws a few years back. After that I quit drinking coffee for a couple of years. The coffee was so strong and bitter not even kalua or baily's helped. Some people like it that way but it was not to my taste.

We went on a Tahitian cruise with the in laws a few years back. After that I quit drinking coffee for a couple of years. The coffee was so strong and bitter not even kalua or baily's helped. Some people like it that way but it was not to my taste.

Not a fan of Greek or Turkish coffee, I take it.

A few years ago at a reenactment one young man REALLY needed some coffee. I had the fire going so I broke out my briki (10 oz size), tossed in some coffee and a little sugar, added the water and set it in the fire. Did the traditional 3 boils on it, let it settle for a minute and then poured for him. His eyes went wide and lit up, he coughed a bit, and commented on how strong it was. I took a little sip, wasn't strong at all. I think he was expecting Starbucks or Micky De coffee.

For those of you who don't like coffee, I suggest you try some really good stuff. There are many hundreds of varieties and if you taste enough you'll probably find something you like. Kinda like wine.

The ground, canned stuff from the grocery store like Maxwell House, Folgers, and the like are a far cry from good coffee. It's just like the difference between a Tokarev and a finely tuned 1911. :lol:

Can you recommend a "good" coffee?

Coffee's more personal than even six-guns, but here's a good start:

Dunkin Donuts

Rich, flavorful, but not acidic, nor bitter.

Not a big fan of Star$ucks, but to each his own.

College introduced me to the love of my life: Where have you been all my life, Mrs. Olson?

Coffee's more personal than even six-guns, but here's a good start:

Dunkin Donuts

Rich, flavorful, but not acidic, nor bitter.

Not a big fan of Star$ucks, but to each his own.

College introduced me to the love of my life: Where have you been all my life, Mrs. Olson?

I have been known to take a little airline bottle of Kahlua into a Dunkin Donuts and spice up the coffee.

Go to a local coffee house, preferably not a Starbucks, and let them know you don't care much for coffee but want to learn. See if they will give you tasting cups. Try for Arabica rather than Robusta, they tend to be less acidic but richer (Wal-Mart used to have a house brand 100% Arabica that was a fantastic buy, but that has been discontinued). Go for a light or medium roast, they won't be as bitter.

Try them first just plain, no sugar or cream. A good coffee will stand on its own, sugar and/or milk should enhance it.

Here is a page to start you off: http://www.coffeeam.com/coroch.html

If you can, get a french press for brewing. Simple, easy to use, easy to clean. All you need is the hot water, coffee, and the press. No electrical stuff to go bad on you. The draw back is that you can't just put the stuff in, start it, and walk away. Start heating the water, then grind the beans (if you go that route rather than pre-ground - although most coffee shops will sell you whole bean and then grind it for you - but grinders are not that expensive), add the coffee and water, stir, wait about 4 minutes, press, and serve. They are great for around the camp fire too. Doesn't take long to make up a batch and you don't have a big pot on the fire going stale and bitter.

So, play with it. Have fun.

Oh yes......I agree 100% !

In short of dat, coffee goes well wif a couple shots of Bulliet !!

No Bulliet left, so this morning I had a shot of Gentleman Jack [just one .......after another :lol:] in my coffee while cooking; we had our turkey today.

Archived