SASS Wire Forum

Belt Buckles for trophies

Korupt Karl

Once again....doing some thinking. Anybody ordered belt buckle awards before? Do you have a link or recommend a source? Just trying to get some ideas to throw around as options for upcoming shoots.

KK

Belt buckles are a long-lead-time item and pretty expensive. If you customize with category and year and even the place of finish, it gets difficult fast, and you have waste.

A belt buckle that is worth wearing is going to be $60 or more. Sure, you can get China cast pewter buckles with a bent-wire belt loop. That will just convince folks you have no understanding of what a belt buckle is for.

Montana Silversmiths is a great maker of German Silver buckles. But, we find that other types of awards are more flexible and cheaper and quicker, too.

Good luck, GJ

Karl:

I don't know what the cost was, but some nice buckles were given at Ambush on the Prairie (Iowa) this year. They came from qualitylapelpins.com If you go to the web page, then click on belt buckles, the left hand image is the style we received. Again, I have no idea of price, but it's a place to start. Also, some of their other items might work for badges or pins like Doc Shapiro suggested.

Count Sandor

I would keep it to First Place only to keep the cost down. You can also just put the name of the shoot and year instead of customizing them for each category. You can order them in bulk that way.

Sounds like a great idea - Buckles are cool....

There are some rodeo type buckles that you can have engraved....

http://www.maynardbuckles.com/rodeo.html

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Yeah, I like buckles. Ok Karl, I want mine to be big, shiny, and silver; and I want "Spittoon Otool", no, "The Spittoon Otool” in king size gold letters runn’in across the top; and under that I want an engraved Snake, a big Snake, that’s swaller’in a Bear; and under that the word “Champ”. Yep, sump'in that will impress the ladies!" :P

Spittoon

Try www.bluebayoubrass.com , they will custom make you anything you want. The buckles (made in Texas) are very nice and the cost is with in reason. We give these buckles away at "Hell Fire" and everyone seems to really enjoy them and its a buckle that you would be proud to wear.

Slick

Try www.bluebayoubrass.com , they will custom make you anything you want. The buckles (made in Texas) are very nice and the cost is with in reason. We give these buckles away at "Hell Fire" and everyone seems to really enjoy them and its a buckle that you would be proud to wear.

Slick

Agreed!!!

Slick

WOW! they make some neat stuff - especially their military items..

http://bluebayoubrass.com/military/

and military coins!

http://bluebayoubras...products/coins/

but read thier 'FAQ's' - looks like 100 pcs in a minimum order - maybe it's different for buckles

http://bluebayoubrass.com/military/faq/

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Slick

+1

And I'll add that they are very easy to deal with.

Possum

Those are indeed nice buckles. When you say the price is within reason, can you peg that down to within ten bucks of what they might cost? Coined Brass is certainly more reasonable than nickel silver with hand engraving.

Good luck, GJ

Those are indeed nice buckles. When you say the price is within reason, can you peg that down to within ten bucks of what they might cost? Coined Brass is certainly more reasonable than nickel silver with hand engraving.

Good luck, GJ

Two tone gold and silver with color enamel fill logo is around $40

Solid nickel with enamel fill logo is about $35

Brass with color fill logo is about $27

No color logo of course will be cheaper, and there is no certain amount that you have to order. But they do get a little cheaper with the more you purchase. I give out the two tone for first place in each class, nickel for second and brass for third. They do have a one time art charge and casting fee of about $350. I dont order the class on the buckle, but I do have Champion on the first place and winner on the rest of them. If you have the date and want it chaged from year to year it's a $75 scrub charge to change the dates from year to year. They are very good people to deal with and will work with you any way they can.

Hope this helps,

Slick

Lone Star Silversmiths is where we got 2010 SHOOTIST AWARD buckle that was awarded to Tbone.

I know that the Badlands Bar 3 gets their match award buckles at Lone Star as well. We were very pleased with the results and would do business with them again.

Here's the Link: http://www.lonestarsilversmith.com/

Archived