SASS Wire Forum

BH, it's all your fault

There I was, wanderin' through a little independent bookstore on my day off (note the use of the singular form of 'day') last week and what do I see? This feller what runs the place has a table full of books by a feller named George MacDonald Frasier.

I says to myself, "Self, your pard, Black Harris, mentioned this here feller's writin's a couple of times and said they was pretty good. Since you ain't got nothin' better to read 'til Bernard Cornwell's new book comes out in a couple months, mayhaps you oughta give him a whirl."

I replied, back, "That's a fine idear you got there, Self. Knowin' that BH is a fine, upstandin' sort of feller (when he ain't fallin' down stairs :rolleyes: ) with a level of sophistication and taste to be admired, I do believe we (the royal 'we'- not the plumb crazy, voices in your head, 'we') could extend our trust to his taste in fine literature."

With the decision made, I commence to peruse the titles with the idea of buyin' the first one as a way to give the series a try. Low and behold, the proprietor comes wanderin' up and we start to talkin' about the series. Next thing I know, I end up walkin' out with the first 2 books under my arm.

Now I've got a whole new series of books to collect and read (and reread) and I hold BH completely responsible.

Archived