SASS Wire Forum

I usually clean my guns outside....

Utah Bob #35998

..to spare the mem sahib the fragrance of the BP cleaning process. But it's a bit nippy outside this morning (28). Hopefully I can get em cleaned and get the laundry room aired out before she gets up! :lol:

..to spare the mem sahib the fragrance of the BP cleaning process. But it's a bit nippy outside this morning (28). Hopefully I can get em cleaned and get the laundry room aired out before she gets up! :lol:

I LOVE the smell of cleaning BP in the morning...smells like.....oh you know the line :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Funny, thursday I went to the range and shot 60 rounds of BP 45/70. Got home, boiled water, threw the brass and a little Ivory Liquid in a bucket and made the mistake of pouring the water into the bucket in the kitchen. The sulpher egg smell was enough to gag a maggot. Needless to say next time will carry hot water outside and then pour in the bucket.

She who must be obeyed was not amused

Bob, does your bathroom have a vent fan in the ceiling? I usually use my man cave for CAS gun cleaning, but I clean my muzzleloader rifle in the bathroom. Flush the toilet a couple of times, squirt a bit of Murphy's down the barrel, stick breech in toilet, scrub barrel and flush. Then I have instant rinse water.

The toilet method will also work for SXS shotguns.

BP fouling may stink, but it doesn't stink any worse that some of the other stuff I flush down the toilet. :lol:

You may now thank me for the smell you now can't get out of your nose! ;)

I make every effort to clean my irons at the match after helping put away targets. There is usually enough time before the scoring is finalized to get this done.

If not cleaned at the range, then vinegar-based Windex does not smell as bad as some other concoctions. Ballistal smells much less than Hoppes guncleaner.

She who must be obeyed is kept happily unaware.

Bob Bob you have it all wrong-

See- you get your wife shooting and turn her to the dark side.

Then you get to but more guns since she is shooting also plus she helps with the cleaning.

Since she has turned now the smell and mess is not a big problem.

Let me know how it turns out and dammmit put your foot down!

I am going out now to load for this weekend monthly for her.

Well, I bought my wife an ultrasonic cleaner for Mother's Day this year. ^_^

BOB.... as I recall..... you have a MAN CAVE(?) :unsure:

Well, I bought my wife an ultrasonic cleaner for Mother's Day this year. ^_^

BOB.... as I recall..... you have a MAN CAVE(?) :unsure:

It is detached from the house and on cold mornings takes a lonnng time to warm up with the small heater. I usually clean there but the frost was on the pumkin this a.m. ;)

I use Ms. Mary Matilda's kitchen sink, she doesn't mind if'n I clean the sink when done...

...and...

since I'm cleaning her guns as well--she shoots Frontier Cartridge as well..... <_<

Archived