SASS Wire Forum

A new scam

Goody, SASS #26190

This is really different. Got this email just a few minutes ago. They have hacked into a friends email and sent this to his contact list. Just a heads up since it is not the usual Nigerian millons scam.

"This message may be coming to you as a surprise I'm writing this mail with tears in my eye.Few days back I made an unannounced vacation trip to Madrid, Spain unfortunately I got mugged at the park of the hotel i lodged, all my cash,credit card and telephone were stolen from me, I have nothing left on me right now but luckily for me I still have my life and passport with me,Though, I suffer little injury on my left arm but am better now.

I have contacted the Embassy via e-mail and the Police are not helping issues at all. They told me to wait for 2-3weeks before any help can be done. Besides,my return flight is due for tomorrow. And I am having problem settling my hotel bills.

I was wondering if you could lend me some cash just to sort out the hotel bills here and get the next plane home, As soon as I get home I'll refund it back to you immediately. Write back to me urgently so I can let you know how to send it. I am still at the local library where I'm writing you from.

Thanks,

XXXXXXX

Looks like a variation on a telephone scam that's a few years old. My mother got a call from someone pretending to be my elder son, needing help to get home, and please don't tell Mom & Dad. At the time, Matt was in the army, so Mom was smart enough to hang up. I've heard of several people falling for it.

They've been doing this for several years. I've gotten a few.

Hi Goody,

My MIL got one similar several years ago. It was allegedly from her grandson, even using his name, purporting to be in Canada. She didn't fall for it. Other older ladies in her small town got them from alleged relatives too. Some fell for it.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Howdy All!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart because I'm stuck in Ohio and it's getting rainy and cold and I'm tired of working.

I have contacted the lottery and social security offices but they're no help.

Please PM me all your bank account info and credit card numbers so I can move someplace warm and retire.

Thanx.

:lol:

Howdy All!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart because I'm stuck in Ohio and it's getting rainy and cold and I'm tired of working.

Please PM me all your bank account info and credit card numbers so I can move someplace warm and retire.

Thanx.

I think the obvious reply wold be "take your scam to the local Police Department, they will give you a warm place to sleep, food and you can retire to the cell" ;)

BH

Howdy All!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart because I'm stuck in Las Vegas. Montly matches are coming up soon and I don't have any slicked up guns to use.

I have contacted Cody Conagher, Johnny Meadows, Wes Fargo, Long Hunter and many others but, they're no help.

Please send me all your back up guns so I can finally have a chance at winning a match.

Thanx. Philly Slim

:FlagAm:

Goody, I got the same email. Apparently everybody on our friends email contact list got it. I was wondering how he got from Badlands Bar 3 CAC to Spain so quick. I guess he flew out of Clarksville International Airport or had a charter flight from Bar 3. :)

Howdy All!

Thanx.

Obama is working on granting your request

Just send him a campaign donation and support his plan to increase taxes on the 47% that now pay for the 53% that pay zero federal taxes. :(

And some claim the North "won".

Howdy All!

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes and a heavy heart because I'm stuck in Las Vegas. Montly matches are coming up soon and I don't have any slicked up guns to use.

I have contacted Cody Conagher, Johnny Meadows, Wes Fargo, Long Hunter and many others but, they're no help.

Please send me all your back up guns so I can finally have a chance at winning a match.

Thanx. Philly Slim

:FlagAm:

Sorry to hear that! Am sending you all my guns and BP loads to go with them, to General Delivery Las Vegas. Let me kow if you need money for entries...

Archived