SASS Wire Forum

NRA

Matthew Duncan

I sent a donation and NRA sent me two Tshirts with their logo.

I gave one of the Tshirts to my son.

Barely gun tolerate daughter needed help moving to a different apartment in Chicago. Son I wore NRA shirts :). We called ourselves "Two men with a truck and guns moving company :)

My NRA membership expired. If I renews they will send me a range bag and a LED flashlight. Sent in my payment

About a week later I get my new membership card, decal and a bunch other papers. Looking thru the papers I foundis a small form that needs to be completed and mailed IF I want the free range bag and flashlight. Two months later no range bag or flashlight :(

But I did get another mailing requesting I renew my membership. Why can they remember when they want money but forget me when it comes to keeping promise? Kind of like the federal government...

Barely gun tolerate daughter needed help moving to a different apartment in Chicago. Son I wore NRA shirts :). We called ourselves "Two men with a truck and guns moving company :)

My NRA membership expired. If I renews they will send me a range bag and a LED flashlight. Sent in my payment

About a week later I get my new membership card, decal and a bunch other papers. Looking thru the papers I foundis a small form that needs to be completed and mailed IF I want the free range bag and flashlight. Two months later no range bag or flashlight :(

But I did get another mailing requesting I renew my membership. Why can they remember when they want money but forget me when it comes to keeping promise? Kind of like the federal government...

I'd call 'em.

Matthew, get your daughter out of Chicago. This is going to turn into Detroit very soon....

I would never compare the NRA to the federal government.

Matthew, get your daughter out of Chicago. This is going to turn into Detroit very soon....

She got out... see now lives in D.C. :(

She got out... see now lives in D.C. :(

Maybe she can swing by the NRA and pick up yore stuff. :lol:

I am dissappointed in the NRA lately. It seems that they have become a bloated bureauracy. What they do best is to keep sending me renewal and donation requests. I suppose that they must spend a good deal of my dues for postage sending me these requests. I know that they do some good but, lately,I've been more inclined to support Gun Owners of America as I feel that they are more grass roots in supporting gun owners. I'm not saying that I'm not going to continue to belong to the NRA as I am but they need to get back to basics and become finanically responsible. I believe that they are like the government in one respect as they like to spend money before they have it in hand. I believe that this is the reason for the constant renewal and donation requests. Just my 2 cents

We enjoy CAS and SASS and our firearms and all the other shooting sports in this country largely because of the continuing efforts of the NRA.

Complaints about slow delivery of renewal premiums or donation requests miss the point. If you call them on the phone, I bet you will be treated courteously, and given an explanation for the delay. Sometimes they underestimate the response to a premium offer and have to order more.

The NRA solicits support frequently because it works. If it was a net loss to send out those requests, you can bet they wouldn't do it.

They are still the biggest dog in the fight. I am grateful for those shooters who have joined, even if they find something to complain about. Go to the NRA website and review the lawsuits they have filed on behalf of those who want to just have a gun in their home, much less concealed carry privileges.

I am not an officer of the NRA, I just put my money where it will have the most clout, even for the benefit of those who nitpick an organization that is clearly on our side.

J-Bar

NRA Patron Member

We enjoy CAS and SASS and our firearms and all the other shooting sports in this country largely because of the continuing efforts of the NRA.

Complaints about slow delivery of renewal premiums or donation requests miss the point. If you call them on the phone, I bet you will be treated courteously, and given an explanation for the delay. Sometimes they underestimate the response to a premium offer and have to order more.

The NRA solicits support frequently because it works. If it was a net loss to send out those requests, you can bet they wouldn't do it.

They are still the biggest dog in the fight. I am grateful for those shooters who have joined, even if they find something to complain about. Go to the NRA website and review the lawsuits they have filed on behalf of those who want to just have a gun in their home, much less concealed carry privileges.

I am not an officer of the NRA, I just put my money where it will have the most clout, even for the benefit of those who nitpick an organization that is clearly on our side.

J-Bar

NRA Patron Member

+1

Marty Mudd

NRA Life Member

I'll continue to support the NRA until something better comes along. Haven't seen anything yet with the clout of the NRA.

Sure they're big and sometimes bureaucratic. I don't have a real problem with that.

Mathew, the problem with the missing items likely has nothing to do with the NRA. Most companies/organizations that offer premiums & rewards contract with a fulfillment house. That outfit is supposed to administer the program and deliver the goods. It would appear that the NRA might have chosen a less than competent company.

At any rate, you ought to let the NRA know that the program isn't working. Perhaps they have something else to offer such as an extra year on your membership. Many companies will find a way to make their customers happy. Never hurts to ask.

I support and donate to these groups annually NRA, SAF, GOA, and 2A Patriots. I also spread out a few bucks annually in the various "Round-Up" programs through Midway, Dillon, etc. I support any of these groups hitting the jackpot and getting the Supreme Court to correctly rule that all gun laws beginning with the NFA forward be ruled unconstitutional. If you aren't in prison or jail you have the right bear arms.

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Maybe she can swing by the NRA and pick up yore stuff. :lol:

I'd guess she would burn the bag and give a long thought on how to cover any NRA logo on the flashlight :(

I support the NRA and always will. An organization that has been around as long as them and has as much clout is doing something right. Forget the petty little gifts and just give 'em $$$ so they can continue helping us enjoy our gun freedoms. I could care less about the stupid knives and caps, t-shirts etc. Whoopee do, like we all don't have plenty of that crap already! The NRA scares the anti-gunners and there's one reason alone for your support. Okay I'll shut up now but really!!!!:wacko:

I'll continue to support the NRA until something better comes along. Haven't seen anything yet with the clout of the NRA.

Sure they're big and sometimes bureaucratic. I don't have a real problem with that.

You got that right UB. I'm an Endowment Life Member and have been for over 50 years. Nothing better than the NRA. I don't agree 100% all the time, but no one has as much clout as they do.

I've been an annual member of the NRA for going on 40 years. (I really should have bought a Life membership back then.) Their original charter was to train civilian shooter but they are the only ones who support the second amendment rights. Complaining about not getting a T-shirt is... well, in my opinion... petty.

While I support them, I'm really unhappy with the NRA right now. They sold the membership list to a group that sent me a DVD on practical shooting. Normally this isn't important but in this instance I'm suppose to pay $12.95 or send the disc back. Most of the time I don't even open these packages but just those them in the trash. Even if they had billed me later I would not have paid them. I don't believe its legal to send someone something unsolicited and them charge them.

I really wish the NRA wouldn't do this. They have done a lot but this really irritates me.

Yup, NRA's a huge organization. Don't always agree with them, esp. with some of their fund raising approaches, and they make mistakes like the rest of us, but I shudder to think where we might be today without them.

~Checotah, Life Member NRA

What he said.

Wouldn't be no shootin' if it wasn't fer them. Guns gone long ago.....proud Life Member for over 30 years :FlagAm:

Matthew,

For what iots worth, I just had the same experience with SASS without the bag and flashlight of course. Sent my renewal in and a couple of weeks later but before I got my renewal stuff in the mail, got another request to renew. Stuff happens. Give it a while.

As to their fundraising, most of it is for ILA or the NRA Foundation which are seperately incorporated outfits - have to be to be able to raise money. So, you should figure that any costs to raise the money they do are covered by the money they raise. Also, they wouldn't be doing it if it didn't raise more than it cost. I raise money for a University for a living so I speak from some experience. I have a few issues with NRA like most folks might but they are still the best game in town and I firmly believe that if you own a gun and enjoy that right you have a moral obligation to support them.

Hangfire

NRA Endowment Member

Archived