SASS Wire Forum

Need a copy of a "made in Japan" 1886 Rifle

Tendoy Fred

Recently acquired a new 1886 rifle in .45/90, that is a "Limited Edition". The previous owner did not keep the manual. Now I need one. If anyone out there has a manual for one of these modern made rifles, I would appreciate a reply so I can arrange to get a copy of it.

Tendoy Fred

20206 Life

tendoy1@hotmail.com

I bet that rifle you have is top notch in the quality dept!

Made by Miroku.... http://browning.eu/miroku/homepage.php

Miss my 1895 Grade I model :(

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Recently acquired a new 1886 rifle in .45/90, that is a "Limited Edition". The previous owner did not keep the manual. Now I need one. If anyone out there has a manual for one of these modern made rifles, I would appreciate a reply so I can arrange to get a copy of it.

Tendoy Fred

20206 Life

tendoy1@hotmail.com

Call Browning and I'll bet they can get you one.

I bet that rifle you have is top notch in the quality dept!

Made by Miroku.... http://browning.eu/miroku/homepage.php

Miss my 1895 Grade I model :(

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It is a very nice Rifle. Every bit as well made as my Citori shotguns. Only had 9 rounds fired through it. The previous owner bought it new for a Buffalo Hunt. The hunt didn't happen, so he decided to get rid of it. Now I just need to obtain a copy of the Owners Manual, so I can tear it down and put it back together. The innards seem to be a little diferent than the originals. I did get a copy of the schematic from Numrich GunParts, but need the printed directions to disassemble it.

If I remember correctly, the owners' manuals for the Miroku Brownings don't have instructions on how to take them apart. I can't find my copy right now but I'm sure they do not recommend it so, therefore, do not supply instructions. There may exist shop manuals that will do the trick but doubtful that the mfg would supply one.

Those O/M's(at least mine)don't have "take-downs".

I have taken my '86 a part a couple of times.......With that said, and I have worked on guns for over 40+ years......You REALLY don't want to take it all the way down IF you don't need to. ;) BTDT :mellow:

OL'JB must'a have LOVED puzzles :lol:

Cheers,

LG

Archived