SASS Wire Forum

NEW 1911 Shooting System Patent

Brother King, SASS #69031

Now it is Official. The US Patent Office has issued an entire shooting system patent on the Lippard 1911 A2 .45 ACP caliber pistol. Manufactured in Colorado Springs, the Lippard A2 is the New Generation .45 automatic. The shooting system patent also incorporates 21 internal patents in the gun, totalling 22 patents. This is the first shooting system patent in 100 years, since the award of four patents to John Browning for the original 1911 handgun. Congratulations to Karl Lippard!

LIPPARD 1911 A2

Howdy,

That is nice but what sort of hitting power will that little bullet

have after it travels 400 yards?

for a quarter of the money I can go into most any gunshop and buy

a nice used 308 or 3006 with a scope and it will deliver proven hitting

power at 400 yards.

Id rather put all that precision into a rifle with a scope.

I go to gunshows where people argue over every dollar, day after day.

Good luck to him selling that $3,500 1911.

Best

CR

Howdy,

have after it travels 400 yards?

for a quarter of the money I can go into most any gunshop and buy

a nice used 308 or 3006 with a scope and it will deliver proven hitting

power at 400 yards.

Id rather put all that precision into a rifle with a scope.

I go to gunshows where people argue over every dollar, day after day.

Good luck to him selling that $3,500 1911.

Best

CR

CR, I see your cup is half empty again.

Karl is a member of the gun club I belong to.

The chapter director of the chapter I belong to witnessed Karl shoot one of his 1911s at 600 yards (yes that was a 600)

and hit center of body mass good enough for a kill.

Congratulations to Karl Lippard!

+1

BUT... $165 to convert my current 1911... no choice there, is there? Maybe I don't get a pistol that's made of S7 steel... but value for the money? Yep, I think I might even break a safe queen out for that conversion!

Now it is Official. The US Patent Office has issued an entire shooting system patent on the Lippard 1911 A2 .45 ACP caliber pistol. Manufactured in Colorado Springs, the Lippard A2 is the New Generation .45 automatic. The shooting system patent also incorporates 21 internal patents in the gun, totalling 22 patents. This is the first shooting system patent in 100 years, since the award of four patents to John Browning for the original 1911 handgun. Congratulations to Karl Lippard!

LIPPARD 1911 A2

Did you get one yet?

KK

Howdy Ambush,

Yep.

That would be my favorite cup with extre fancy trim

and its half full of my excellent coffee, piping hot.

thats a nice nuff pistola, I just dont see what real need it fills.

For the price of one a pard could have a nice set of cowboy guns....

Best

CR

Did you get one yet?

KK

No... but if I had your money then I'd have two and all my 1911's converted, too.

I just dont see what real need it fills.

For the price of one a pard could have a nice set of cowboy guns....

Best

CR

How many patents do you have, CR? All progress depends on the UN-reasonable man.

Howdy BK,

What Money? did you find some that I left behind, if so I would like it back please.

KK

No... but if I had your money then I'd have two and all my 1911's converted, too.

Howdy,

have after it travels 400 yards?...

I don't think you would want to be standing in front of that "little bullet" at 400 yards. It would be moving at 600+fps with almost 240 foot pounds of engery.

Olen

But for the $165 all you get is the barrel link and barrel bushing.

Plus the machining to fit them both. I had to have a barrel bushing installed on one of my 1911s not too long ago and it didn't cost too much less than that. If they could wring that kind of accuracy out of a run of the mill 1911 for $165, I'd say it was a darn good investment.

Patented Barrel link, Bushing, Frame cut modification. Including disassembly, inspection of all parts and components, reassembly, tolerance inspection for correct link, lubrication and return......Not quite two parts for $165.00. It helps when people read website under Packages A2 Upgrade.

That's quite a value for $165. Doubt that I'd do it for that! But, I'll sure as heck send them mine!

I talked to Karl and his mission is to get as many of these into AVID shooters guns so that the industry starts to talk them up. No doubt the price will go up after that is accomplished.

Archived